Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dear JohnMarketing

What do you say when you "Dear John" a client you no longer want to serve?8145

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time. And sometimes there are those that never seem to be pleased. When someone appears not to be happy with one thing or another with your service and become that monkey on your back that weighs you down, well its time to get the monkey off of your back. But how do you do it nicely?

This is how I did it without getting any backlash:

Hello [Redacted],

It’s my responsibility to provide you with the best service I can and unfortunately my team and I have not been able to do that because of communication differences between us. Among other issues, it is more notable regarding appointment times with us arriving and waiting for you to arrive as well disputes regarding whether or not there were any photo upgrades.

I find that when a certain segment of our customer base isn’t in alignment with our vision and direction of our company, it best for us both to part ways.

You will still be able to login to your account and your past tours will still function, but we will no longer be accepting any more orders from your account.

Thank you,
Colin
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Nicely put. I will be taking notes on this one.

I believe in the 80/20 principle, that 80% of sales come from 20% of customers. And in the same vane, 80% of trouble comes from 20% of customers.

It's best to weed them out and become more efficient.

Best of luck to you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes
@HelloPado

In my previously life, we would raise the price and let the Client decide to stop doing business.

Either way ...

Life is short. We should all be having fun doing what we do. Let go of the pain point and make room for more fun clients that respect you.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Were you not scared that they may get someone else to call and check your pricing. Trouble with doing it that way is if you get caught raising prices just on them, you just gave them bullets to fire at you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes

It was in my previous life for consulting and large projects where pricing was custom ...

Best

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101432 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?