Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisCommentaryMarketingReferral Program

Thought-Starters-Growing Demand for 3D Tours813

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
When home sellers meet with potential listing agents and start asking for / requiring that an agent includes a Matterport 3D Tour, the demand for our services with grow.

As a MUG Member succinctly stated in another Forum thread, agents must say yes if their clients asks for / requires a Matterport 3D Tour. (Then, the agent will have an immediate need to figure-out if they are going to Buy a Matterport Camera or Book a Matterport Photographer.) Especially with a deadline, they will need to engage a Pro.

Before home sellers contact an agent, they begin their search on the web to see what others are doing to market their houses.

As a result of that online search, imagine that home sellers find us - 3D Pros - to ask us for a referral to one or more of our agent clients that offers our 3D Tours.

If we - collectively - can dramatically grow demand by home sellers that reach out to real estate agents and to 3D Pros, there will be more engagements.

Plus, instead of an agent asking three Matterport 3D Pros to quote, you get to let agent(s) know that you have a prospective listing if they pay for your bundle of services at the rate you specify. Wow! That's adding value to your clients (and getting paid what you are worth).

Increasing demand (totally) changing the pricing conversation for Pros.

Over the next 30 days, I will be thinking about ideas that we - or Matterport - could do to grown demand for 3D Tour services in general and for our Pros in particular.

This thread is for brainstorming ways to grow demand for Matterport 3D Tour services.

While I am initially focusing on residential real estate, thought-starters on how to grow demand in other verticals are welcome too.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
When Photo's are added to the MLS
I include as slide number 4
(our MLS displays 3 across)

No branding is allowed for the agent or brokerage.
People are starting to notice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@davidpylyp (Very) cool.

Please post a screen grab showing within an MLS example.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
http://realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/16172952/201---1900-LAKE-SHORE-BLVD-W-Toronto-Ontario-M6S1A4-South-Parkdale

In this example REALTOR.ca ( our retail version of the MLS to consumers) displays all the pictures as a header banner.

This link is valid as long as the unit is for sale; then expires.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
David: It was not obvious to click on 'Multimedia' to find the tour. Is it against MLS policy to have a short link or an image with a QR Code (which probably wouldn't do any good )
Post 5 IP   flag post
Daniel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I include a dollhouse view image with the text " to interact with this home in 3D be sure to use the Virtual Tour link."
The agents can put this as their last image in their slide show.
Post 6 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod The idea of driving demand through the home seller is an incredible idea especially if you are actually presenting a lead to an agent. If we are able to present one of the most valuable things to agents, a lead, if they use our services they will not only use the services but they would likely become a huge fan.

Something I am working with agents on is using our services as a tool in their listing presentations with the idea that if it helps them win the listing then they use the services which is a no brainer. Then it is still the agents selling the service to the seller rather than us selling to either.

For me this is a win-win situation because I don't want to sell to an agent if it's not helping their business anyhow.
Post 7 IP   flag post
There is the magic in this post

"Something I am working with agents on is using our services as a tool in their listing presentations with the idea that if it helps them win the listing then they use the services which is a no brainer. Then it is still the agents selling the service to the seller rather than us selling to either"

To the agents;

"You are invited to a Lunch and learn where you will discover how to win the listings and maintain your commission"

You buy pizza and pop and display your service
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have a links page on my website. every tour that I do gets posted their along with a link to the agents website or other page they want. I get asked by consumers all the time about having this done on a property they are selling and while I would never tell them to fire their agent and use one that works with me when they visit the page and see the agents that are listed there it's a pretty clear message that these agents use this technology.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@davidpylyp I've bought a lot of pizza. Every agent in 50 square miles knows me now and that I offer this service. In person is the best presentation method for this service. I also provide every agent that I meet with a working link that they can use on listing appointments to show their clients what it is they are talking about.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks all! Lots of great thinking. Looking forward to seeing more ideas too ...

@josephthomp Here are screen grabs of a house ad in our alpha version of the free We Get Around Magazine iOS app ....

The house ad promotes ...

Receive a FREE Matterport 3D Showcase to Help Sell Your House
When You List Your House For Sale With a Referral Network Member

The house ad could use some work: concept, text and graphics, but it does give you a taste of the direction we're headed.

When you bring a listing lead to a real estate agent client, everyone wins.

Does this spark additional thoughts?

Best,

Dan

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

This is a thought-starter for a an advertising campaign that I am thinking about suggesting to Matterport. Your thoughts?

$50 Billion Promotion

Matterport advertises that it is giving away 100 free 3D and VR Tours for listings around the globe of $50 million or more.

Matterport could announce it at Inman Connect NYC 2016 in New York City.

Think of it as a buzz-building stunt to put 3D and VR on everyone's radar and create a collection of great content to be captured by Pros.

The idea is to help create awareness, buzz and demand for Matterport 3D and VR Tours for anyone listing their house for sales.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, are you suggesting to put us all to work at providing these Matterport tours? If so, do I need to join your referral network
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Yes. My vision is that Matterport engages the appropriate Pro for each of the 100 $50 million listings.

Yes. We could help them source Pros

While we would to have you Join the We Get Around Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents, this thread is simply thought-starters to help us collectively think of ideas to suggest to Matterport about increasing demand.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

This is a thought-starter for a buzz-building campaign that I am thinking about suggesting to Matterport.

Your thoughts?

---

Matterport State of the Art Virtual Reality Tour:
Visit 50 Art Museums in 50 Days Without Leaving Your House
sponsored by Samsung GearVR

Phase 1

1. Matterport pays Pros to capture 50 Art Museums in the US
2. Matterport pays up to 10,000 sf of each museum
3. Museum may engage Pro for more spaces

Phase 2

1. Visit 50 Art Museums in 50 Days Tour

Potential Sponsors

1. GearVR
2. Google Cardboard
3. Bank of America - They have a Museums on Us Campaign Initiative
4. Smithsonian Magazine have a stunt on 12 March 2016 - Museum Day Live!
5. International Council of Museums - 5/8/16 is International Museum Day
6. Smithsonian cable TV channel (media sponsor: no cash; promotion)
7. Ovation cable TV channel (media sponsor: no cash; promotion)

Buzz-Building

1. Matterport VR is a great way to visit places that you do not have the time or money to do so in person.
2. Great examples for annotation: video, audio, TAGS, shopping cart
3. Has national and local angle for PR
4. Promotes Matterport VR as "State of the Art"
5. Museums will promote
6. Great content for schools

More Business For Pros

Once the first 10,000 sf is live, it is likely that the museum will want to do all its spaces. That's between the Pro and museum.

Objectives

1. Help create demand for Matterport VR Tours among museums/attractions
2. Help promote Matterport brand meets VR
3. Help increase demand for Matterport Pro services

---

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
I like it!
Post 16 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
@davidpylyp

Looks good, however our MLS here in MN doesn't allow us to put text in photos. I've just been putting it in the description and whenever someone inquires or books a showing I also send them the link with floor plans etc.

It has saved a lot of people time, and helped get deals done quicker. Our properties are also more memorable after the showings because the buyers can go back and look at things online.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod That is a great idea, the more content that is created and consumers have exposure to, the better for everyone whom is using this technology.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Virtual Reality will help create demand for Matterport Pros.

Even though the Google Cardboard viewing experience is inferior compared to Gear VR, fingers and toes crossed that Matterport will support Google Cardboard.

Image major brands "discovering" VR and Google Cardboard and deciding that they want to do a mass mailing to their clients and prospects, BUT ...

1. what content?
2. who will create the content?
3. how quickly can we get this done?
4. how to do it affordably?

Once Matterport VR Showcase moves to a commercial solution from Beta, it's likely to be among the easiest, fastest and most affordable way to create content of static indoor spaces.

Plus, I image that Google Cardboard will be looking for examples of great implementation to promote their solution.

Here are some additional thought-starters about "why Google Cardboard" ...

1. A solution for iPhone owners | 42% of smartphones owned in US + upscale audience
2. Get Google Cardboard to promote Matterport’s easy, fast and affordable VR content creation solution
3. Businesses that use Google Cardboard + Matterport promote Matterport VR Showcase
4. A taste of what’s possible
5. Mass mailing potential by Film/TV clients to promoting to media, media buyers, bloggers
6. Affordable giveaway with or without logos
7. Trade magazine insert potential as a stunt to promote cable TV series
8. Trade show giveaway
9. Museums can sell for museum tours (annotation, AR)
10. Affordable: it’s a take-away when you view a commercial office space to remember the tour
11. Leave behinds for Matterport sales calls

Do you believe that Virtual Reality will help create demand for Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers?

Should Matterport support Google Cardboard despite its inferior viewing experience?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
+1 for google cardboard. Although lower quality at least it can affordably be used in a marketing campaign. The $99 gear, $600 smartphone and beta conversion costs make Gear VR just a gimmick to show clients. -edit ok some other practical uses too
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
All,

It seems like Matterport would be a great candidate to replicate the Tesla Referral Program.

If a prospective client would rather buy a camera than engage a Pro, why not enable the client to receive $500 off for using the Pros Referral Code to buy the camera online and the Pro receives $1,000?

I learned this week that a broker that we did a presentation for bought the camera instead. Ouch. Unfortunately, that has happened to us multiple times.

Have you done demos, presentations, meetings, etc. that resulted in a Matterport Camera being bought and you got nothing?

I'd like to see the Matterport direct sales team focus on helping create demand and incentive compensation paid on processing and hosting: not Camera sales. Then our interests would be better aligned and the reps would be eager to have Pros do demos to help a client buy ...

The Matterport User Group Forum has 670 members in 40+ countries. That's hundreds of Pros around the globe that can do demos, training, manage peak load, etc. Why have a direct sales force of less than a dozen when you can have hundreds (or thousands)?

I feel like we are competing with Matterport direct sales when we could be collaborating to leverage our expertise in each of our markets.

It seems like the bigger opportunity is giving us an incentive to help real estate agents buy cameras.

Then, when we do presentations, the real estate agent can decide what is right for them.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
In regards to agents buying the Camera, I find that it still takes a great deal of skill,knowledge and time to create a nice 3D Showcase

I find agents who have bought the matterport camera just don't have the time to go to a listing and scan for several hours to capture that awesome experience

So they either end up selling the camera or they source out the work

We have to show these agents that by hiring a matterport Professional is a better Return on investment for them because who but a Professional would wait for hours for the Sun to go behind a cloud to get that awesome balcony or outdoor shot...an agent wouldn't do this

just like when the DSLR came out everyone was buying a camera until they realize that it a Professional would do much better job and go above and beyond their own expectations

I have seen awesome 3D showcases created by group members
and for us it's not just a camera and away to make money but it's an extension of our creative expression...for most agent it's just another camera or a gimmick to close the deal

We just have to keep pushing the envelope and come up with kick ass, awesome out of the box thinking concepts to utilize the Matterport Technology

Even Matterport have been amazed by the things we have been coming up with and the suggestions to improve the product and service
Post 22 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
Dan the Museum campaign idea is brilliant...awesome idea man
I would support this idea 100 present

I have been trying to push this idea of scanning local museums, and have been chatting with a few Museum curators

it would be awesome to get some backing from Matterport to promote this awesome idea
Post 23 IP   flag post
SamehH private msg quote post Address this user
Great Ideas. The more we work and collaborate together the more we benefit.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@falconshakka
The founder of Oculus says schools need his invention because 'classrooms are broken' http://flip.it/Z36hY
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
NYTimes to Bundle 1 Million+ Google Cardboards for VR Photojournalism http://flip.it/k4qGd
Post 26 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I wish Matterport would have been able to take advantage of the mass distribution of Google Cardboard on the NYTimes. This kind of opportunities are scheduled well ahead of time, and they are properly leveraged by social marketers and YouTubers.

As an iPhone owner, I hope one day to demo VR tours using my preferred device and inexpensive goggles that I can leave behind to the client. While the specs might not necessarily match the Samsung Note, the reach of Apple devices will bring other benefits to the table.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I love my Gear VR, though a "Google Plastic" with foam and head straps that fits various different phones would certainly help with adoption.

Side note: I'm totally pre-ordering the Rift & ASUS Oculus ready computer once they're available.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor

We look forward to your review of the VR Rift & ASUS Oculus ready computer ...

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Let's hope there is an iPhone headset that is as good as the GearVR experience.

Yes. It would be great if Matterport could leverage the marketing dollars of Google and the media might of The New York Times.

Other People's Money (OPM)+ Other People's Media (OPM)= leverage to promote Matterport VR Content to create demand for Matterport Pros ...

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101428 45 30