Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAssisted LivingLighting IssuesMemory CarePro2

Matterport Pro 2 lighting issues8089

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
For the last month or so I have been noticing what appears to be a processing issue with the Pro 2 that causes some really strange lighting effects along with everything being slightly lighter.

I just finished scanning a Memory Care / Assisted Living Center. The problems I ran into throughout the scan were blown out lights, strange color banding on ceiling lights, lens flare and more.

Along with scanning the entire complex, they had me scan some of the separate amenities they offer, like their Salon. Check out all the problems with this scan. So many issues I had to go back and re-do it...which turned out great because it was not as bright out the second time.

Also, check out the strange color banding on the overhead lights in this photo.

I scanned a portion of this building a month ago for a different project with no lighting issues, that's what makes me think Matterport has changed something in the processing.

I'm also getting a number of mis-placed scans lately...like the scan will show up in a different room in the building.

Has anyone else been running into these problems lately?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed it too.

I think I had read a Facebook post a week or so ago that someone had raised the issue with Matterport support and they were told that something in the processing was tweaked so that there was more clarity looking out through windows (i.e., seeing the outside view from inside), and that has had the effect of over-brightening the inside lights.

I tried to find that post, but couldn't locate it. I don't remember what group page it was on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
BrianAshley private msg quote post Address this user
I just had the issue of different placement for the first time today and it was 'weird' two bedroom apartment and two of the scans from bedroom one dropped right into bedroom two.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I had similar issues, although with the Pro not Pro2. I contacted Dee and she said it is an issue they are looking into (software) and would forward my information to the engineering team. I would suggest you contact support because the more people that do that, then it might get cleared up sooner.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks @June...I did submit it to support but haven't heard anything yet. I usually get better and faster answers from the great people on this forum.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

A related WGAN Forum Discussion:

Matterport Windows and Lights Seem Worse. For you too?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Hi all,

Here is the response I just got from Bob at Matterport support:

Matterport-Bob (Matterport Support)
Oct 24, 5:21 PM PDT

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed inquiry! I got good news for you, engineering has been working to address two sources of the issues you are reporting with this space. The first of these, which was designed to address the blown out lights, was released to production late yesterday, (after this space completed processing). The second, which was created to address the banding/artifacts, is currently undergoing testing with the goal of getting into production before weeks end.

Regards,

Bob

Note: I re-uploaded this bad scan to see if the issues he talked about have been corrected. I will post it when I get it back.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Update...just got the scan back after re-processing and it looks the same.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101620 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?