Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CarGearRVTripod

360 tour solutions for small spaces?8058

CFster private msg quote post Address this user
What are some innovative mounting solutions being used for generating tours inside small spaces? For example, inside a car or a motor home? Areas where a normal tripod might not fit?

Looking for solutions for a DSLR setup, but suggestions for small 360 camera up to Matterport are welcome.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Shooting inside a car or small space can be difficult. You are generally close to items and may have stitching errors. I use to shoot them with a dslr and fisheye with a base I made from wood wrapped in a cloth and rubber stool bases screwed to it. The tripod legs would then fit into them. I'd also put a 5 pound weight on it so there was less movement.
Positioning is important, especially if you wanted to Photoshop the nadir.id generally pick a seat rather than the center console
You can then use ptgui to add more control points to help with the stitching
This is the best option unless you have a really good 360. Even the instapro360 does t do the best job with this
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@CFster I use a bushman panoramic Eben VR tripod which I had modified (single leg and top extenders) by an engineering shop to reduce the height further. It is mounted on a wooden triangle that fits on the seat for stability and weighed down with a 10kg Kettlebell. This is my 5th prototype. Not perfect yet, but damn close.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?