Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Boston DynamicsRobots

We’re being replaced...8039

CFster private msg quote post Address this user
Construction workers: meet what could be your future boss. Boston Dynamics robot Spot can now autonomously navigate complicated construction zones, and perform detailed (and somewhat creepy) onsite inspections: https://wired.trib.al/0CcVEmR

Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
That's creepy as [redacted]
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Metalhead is coming to life @Jamie & @CFster
Post 3 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV CUPIX Short Story #213-Shooting an indoor CUPIX 3D Tour with a drone. Drone + Ricoh Theta V starts at 2 minutes into the video.

@CFster

You will fall over when you watch this WGAN-TV Short Video (above) beginning at 2 minutes into the video.

Actually, we're not that far away from a practical, automated solution for shooting an inside 3D Tour using a 360º camera + CUPIX:

Recipe

1. Ricoh Theta V shooting video with videogrammetry
2. Drone
3. Gimbal to connect Ricoh Theta V to Drone
4. Drone operator (whom eventually just hits the "3D Tour button" to shoot the entire space without bumping into anything.)
5. Also capturing 3D data

Crazy-Exciting! Imagine how much easier and faster to scan a space and turn it into a 3D Tour.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
It could be worse. Those Amazon Alexa and Google Home could always sprout legs and move within the house soon to scan it at the rate we are going with AI development.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Vtrus ABI Zero | Ricoh Theta V + Drone + Indoor scanning | Video courtesy of the Vtrus, Inc. YouTube Channel

Hi All,

From Spar3D.com 16 October 2018 - 5 insights into the UAV industry from Commercial UAV Expo 2018

3 – Drones are coming to BIM

While I only saw one company (VTRUS) on the exhibit floor showing off interior scanning with a UAV, I think we are closer to the Prometheus Pups than ever before! While I thought this type of mapping would be best done by wheeled vehicles, I found myself convinced that UAVs may be the way to go. Collision avoidance systems are better than ever, the indoor space typically provides a stable airspace free of moving objects, and it’s unregulated airspace at that. Today we are still trading accuracy and density for speed, but it should not take much time to be on par with some static camera systems
Post 7 IP   flag post
101587 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?