Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Matterport Showcase 2.0 Released802

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I recently saw only the old one for a while, but then after a few minutes they were both visible again. I imagine they are still working on the kinks in the launch.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Has anyone figured out how to get the "MLS friendly" URLs?

"Those users who feature their Matterport Spaces on MLSs can rest assured that their 3D Showcase will be MLS compliant. You can pull a dedicated, MLS-safe URL for any Matterport Space, which does not include your company name (complying with those MLSs that limit the display of brand information)."

I've even read the manual for Showcase 2.0 and can't find anything about this.

Craig
Post 52 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Under the current URL link, there another tab that says, "presented by and contact details hidden"

its that link that is MLS friendly.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Orange, California
@CarlosFHdz Thank you!

But now that I've found it...

Seriously, they made all the old URLs, that our clients are using on the MLS, be the ones that are the branded ones. So I can't add branding to an existing model without telling my client to first remove the existing link. Sigh.

I have a number of clients that have built up a nice archive of 3D Showcases, and they might like me to go back and add branding to all of them. But to do so, they then have to go back through all their listings on the MLS and add the new no-brand link (well, at least they have to add "&brand=0" at the end of each URL).

Given that realtors are such a big part of Matterport's business, and the MLS rules about branding are pretty clear, wouldn't it have made more sense to have the existing links be the unbranded ones, and have the new, branded ones be the special coded ones, perhaps by appending this to the ULRs: "&brand=1"?

Craig
Post 54 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
There you go using that "logic" again Craig
Post 55 IP   flag post

WalkVirtually private msg quote post Address this user
Is there only a certain number of shots you can place in the reel or am I missing something? I'm in the "walkthrough" area dragging/dropping photos. I was only able to place 8 photos which hardly covers my tour.
Post 56 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
you have to push the thum nail just to the right edge of the reel and the reel will move to the left to give you room
Post 57 IP   flag post
Hey thanks @falconshakka. I'm still missing something because no matter which way I move the thumbnail, the reel isn't moving, just the thumbnail.
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Good news ...

Matterport let me know that they are reading this thread and the Matterport Showcase 2.0 "Wish List" thread and "will be incorporating some of the suggested changes and fixing some of the bugs that have been mentioned."

Matterport appreciates the Matterport User Group Forum Members help in fixing and improving the platform.

So, this is a great opportunity to help ...

On my "wish list" is that Matterport charter private jets to fly us all in for input, testing and a launch party.

So, post away

Best,

Dan
Post 59 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got a walkthrough to work. It's not that bad really. I could do without the blue arrow on the floor and I don't see why the scan circles have to be denoted. My request would be a timer setting for each key frame. A scene used as a transition should only be up for a second or two while a hero view could last 5 seconds or whatever. It's really neat to set 2 highlight scenes far apart and watch showcase navigate the whole place to get there.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I actually like the blue line that shows you the path to your highlighted area. I think a lot of consumers will be blown away by that and help the Matterport Showcases stand out from typical 360 degree pans.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Grant private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkVirtually I have not tested the limit, but have put 20 photos so far. It is kind of a pain trying to put them towards the back. Just like @falconshakka said it is a very tight spot to get it right, even with sliding the bar at the bottom all the way to the right.. Next model that I add a tour on I will add the snapshots backwards (last image to first).

@DanSmigrod That is great Dan! I will add some input very soon or at least back up some ideas and hope it helps! I have a few projects coming up that some features would benefit off of. Also, may be calling Matterport for some help as this would be great for their "online gallery and virtual reality app"

@HarlanHambright Agreed. The timing would be nice to change, but it is nice to go through the home in that view. Especially for clients and clients clients.. Hmm.. I think that makes sense..

All in all, it is what is, they did a great job with what they are doing. We are all helping others with this.. I can't knock anything they have done. But I am very happy they are seeing our tickets and sounds like they are viewing the forum... Hopefully not just for those sour apples that are stealing cameras.
Post 62 IP   flag post
PeterMatterport private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, we are definitely reading the Forum :-)

We are planning to expand the beta program (it does exist but pretty small)... stay tuned.
Post 63 IP   flag post
So that means we have to behave
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie Yes please

http://photographyforrealestate.net/2015/10/16/theres-something-to-learn-for-everyone-from-this-weeks-lightroom-disaster/
Post 65 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
what does "behave" mean?
Post 66 IP   flag post
That's a good question @harlanhambright
Post 67 IP   flag post
Any possibility of taking the "play" button out of the tour option and just keeping the forward and backward icons? Yes, I've had people go directly to the "play" button and complain it's just too slow. Using the forward arrow is quicker. As well, they like the blue line!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Orange, California
I'm coming around to like the Guided Tour better now that's I've had a little more time with it. The second Tour I made came out better than the first.

I still think the interface for making them is awful! Especially since you can't see the results of changes you make without publishing the tour. For new projects, I could work on making the Guided Tour before making the 3D Showcase public to avoid this issue, but it's pretty silly that there's no way to preview the tour in the Workshop.

Craig
Post 69 IP   flag post
Potential clients say the "fun" of Matterport tours is the interaction. I have to agree as it's key to their uniquity. The Guided Tour doesn't allow the interaction except for pushing a play button and looks very similar to stills on a carousel...makes you twiddle your thumbs until the next shot finally gets on point. Let's add music and we'll have the same old.

Suggestions:
1. Take play button out or work on hastening time between transitions-we have max 3 seconds to keep people's attention.
2. Agree @craigsauer for previews in Workshop before publishing.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkVirtually

It was pointed out to me that there is a Slideshow (which is set as the default) and then a highlighted tour which you have to actually go in and select.

I agree that the Slideshow isn't much different than same old. The highlight tour is very novel though. I like how you can hover over a highlight pic and see the blue line running through the house showing where that location is and then by selecting it you ephemerally float through the house to get there. I think the general public will really dig that.

I don't know why I'd choose the slideshow option when that highlight tour is there. It should be the default in my opinion.
Post 71 IP   flag post
101429 71 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?