Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricingQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Are your Matterport rates public? If not, why not?7967

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 5 October 2018) is:

Are your Matterport rates public? If not, why not?

Best,

Dan

P.S. This question was inspired by:

Photography for Real Estate Blog (4 October 2018) Should You List Your Prices on Your Real Estate Photography Website?

P.P.S. Guide to Matterport Service Provider Pricing curated by We Get Around - includes deep links to the rate cards of 100+ Matterport Service Providers (30 day free pass for WGAN Forum Members. Included in All Access Pass (also includes WGAN-TV Training Academy Videos) for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yes ours are
Some people don't want to advertise in case your competition looks at it.
If your competition does just a little bit of digging or inquiring they will find out anyway. Some clients however will be turned off if they don't obtained by price without contacting you. If you are too expensive chances are the client won't use you anyway, so we like to Cull through that and not waste time
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I understand how wedding photographers want to talk to the client and get more information before offering a blanket amount to work for without knowing the duration of the wedding and the possibilities for engagement photos, engagement party photos and other up sells.

We too have a lot to up sell, yet our time tends to stay consistent. In 2017, I tried not posting my prices and didn't seem to get any further ahead to up sell. Agents wouldn't answer the phone, but wanted an email to see the math (= more wasted time). More MSP's entered the market at that time and prices dumped to $0.04/ sq ft by the new guys posting prices. At a time I was reluctantly quoting at $0.08 when I used to advertise $0.10 - $0.12/ sq ft.

I wonder at times where people get my information asking about the services and pricing when they are clearly mentioned on the front page and top menu. These leads like to come in when I'm shooting and wonder if I come off was a prick sharing my website link saying, Sorry I am shooting a house right now, check my prices and services here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I do not, and here is why. If you need a heart operation, do you ask around "Who who owns a scalpel and works cheap?" I doubt it. Then when you find him/her do they upsell you on anesthesia? Oh, and backup blood transfusions, that's also extra, sign here.

I don't want clients who are looking for cheap. I want clients who are looking for the best. Marketing by quality and reputation is harder, takes longer but you build respect for yourself. If you don't think you're the best, if you assess yourself as merely "a guy with a camera who lives near Yosemite" instead of being a young Ansel Adams, then sure - lowball prices and attract a set of clients who want cheap not quality. But I don't think any of us should think this way. We should work our butts off to be the best in our respective market, offer the highest quality work and service, and attract clients willing to pay for the best. That's why I comb Dan's board daily, to learn from others, push myself further and stay on top in quality. That way I help my clients also be the best against their competitors.

Just my two cents.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are public so that my telephone calls with clients go along faster
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?