Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraPro2

Matterport Pro-2 is now $3,395 - New Price7948

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

The Matterport Pro-2 (MC250) is now listed as $3,395. Previously, the camera was listed at $3,995 and there was a temporary $600 discount for new users.

https://buy.matterport.com/

As as a note, the cost of manufacturing the Pro-2 camera has decreased. Rather than increase their profits on the camera, Matterport has passed the savings down to the consumer. Quite interesting!
Post 1 IP   flag post
3dvirtualview private msg quote post Address this user
I may be looking to sell mine with accessories for a decent price too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Sources tell me that there's a Pro3 3D Camera coming. Hence the price drop of the Pro2.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Thanks for posting ...

Hi All,

If you bought a Matterport Pro2 Camera within the last 30 days of today (Tuesday, 2 October 2018)...

From the Matterport Terms of Sale (last updated 31 May 2017):

---

4. Return Policy.

(a) Return Policy for Cameras Without Faults. One time only, You may, at Your expense, return to Matterport the first Camera purchased by You within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of such Camera to You, provided that such Camera is in the original packaging with the original receipt. If the Camera and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first Camera purchased by You. Subject to those rights set out below regarding Cameras with faults, You will have no right to return any subsequently purchased Camera without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion. For clarity: (i) any Camera obtained in a trade-in or upgrade transaction is not eligible for return under this subsection; and (ii) the limitations set forth in this subsection will not apply to any limited buy-back program offered by Matterport, and the written terms of such program provided by Matterport shall apply instead with respect to the return of Cameras subject to such program.

---

Please post here if this helps you save $600 on a Matterport Camera purchased within the last 30 days.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport: How to Make MSPs Happy (And Sell More Cameras)
How Matterport can sell more Matterport cameras, processing and hosting
Bought a Matterport Camera in last 30 Days?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I received this email from a WGAN Member ... I will talk to the Member later today (Thursday, 4 October 2018).

Dan

P.S. By the way, i's not about the camera, platform or accessories. It's about which market that you want to focus on ... Matterport can be a perfect fit for some and CUPIX or ThreeSixty Tours paired with a 360º 1-click camera - or DSLR 360º setup - for others.

✓ If private collaboration is important, CUPIX wins hands down, for example.
✓ If you are a residential real estate agent, Matterport is a great choice.
✓ If you are focus on commercial construction and need weekly progress 3D Tours, again, CUPIX.
✓ If you are a real estate agent doing $250,000 listings, ThreeSixty Tours paired with a 360º 1-click camera, is a great decision.

If you ask me to recommend a camera, platform or 3rd party service, it's likely that I would spend 90 percent of our time together discussing:

✓ what did you do before you decided to buy a [camera]?
✓ what trusted relationships do you have that are either in the target audience space or can intro you?
✓ what does success look like for you? (About target audience and your expectations)
✓ tell me about your sales/business development/marketing experience (likely much more important that photography experience

---

Dan
I purchased a MP camera about 3 weeks ago (still under the 30 days) and have done a few spaces

I started in the resi realestate area but have dialogs with commercial and builders
I am finding that the limited ability to do certain things for clients could be a challenge
1) Ability to create user friendly std videos with music from MP 3D tour... not much advice from MP support
2) ability to just get 360 photos out of camera to use without uploading a model first

based on the information I have read in your WGAN forum, it seems you are somewhat disillusioned with MP and suggest other solutions like CUPIX and ThreeSixty Tours instead.

Based on that, I am potentially at a point of returning the MP camera and moving in diff direction.

would you be able to talk by phone for 5 min today to give me your wisdom/insights in this space. What would you do if you were just starting out in this 3D /Virtual tour space?

Have an awesome day

[redacted]

---
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I received this follow-up from the WGAN Member ... We are talking later today (Wednesday, 10 Oct. 2018).

Dan

---

dan
I have had some additional discussions with MP and not excited about their direction
additionally , I have been digging into CUPIX and they have features that many of my prospects are requiring
1) builders/ AEC - multi scan comparisons,ie framed, plumb/wire, drywalled , finished etc
2) designers also are interested in more collaboration on spaces ie ability to upload 360 images from lower cost camera

I like the platform and sw/services... less about the camera as is with MP. I also feel MP is pushing scan prices down & marketing cameras to my potential clients.

[redacted]
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

An update ...

WGAN Member got is RMA number to return his Matterport Camera (within 30 days).

Since the Member sees his business headed in the direction of AEC - including progress documentation, CUPIX is likely the best choice. (The WGAN Member has a call scheduled with CUPIX.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. Matterport is a great solution; it's just there is a better solution for this Pro.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?