Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCUPIXGearVersus

Matterport obsolescence7947

flexcopmusic private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, I'm relatively new to the Virtual Tour Party but am getting really stuck about the options.

It seems like Matterport is the tried and tested good 'ol way to do things, the yellow cabs of the industry. Whereas Cupix seems like the Uber which is about to flip the industry on its head, am I reading the situation right?

I really like the Matterport final product but it seems so restrictive that they don't offer white label and that you're tied to their ecosystem. Whereas with an Insta360 pro or better + Cupix I can offer what matterport does + have the ability to use the camera for a range of other uses.

Bottom line, should I be worried investing in Matterport now and then have the technology become obsolete in a year or so when 1-click 360 cameras overtake the Matterport camera?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing comes close to the seamless 3d transition of MP. Jumping between QTVR panos is ancient history, (what used to be QTVRs).
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
I have a MP camera (Pro1) and will be investing in an Insta360 Pro here shortly. Both are incredibly strong within their element.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Tried the Theta V and the quality was far inferior to Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @flexcopmusic
Bottom line, should I be worried investing in Matterport now and then have the technology become obsolete in a year or so when 1-click 360 cameras overtake the Matterport camera?

Technology will always change (get better, cheaper and new features)

For someone starting out, I always shared:

✓ getting business is the hardest part: not the technology
✓ get business BEFORE buying a camera/platform
✓ outsource the work – WGAN Find a Pro Page – and when you are busy to justify the purchase

If you bought an Insta360 One and used CUPIX, it would be a way to put your toe in the water without a lot of upfront investment. Then, when you are ready to upgrade to an Insta360 Pro or Insta360 Pro 2 Camera, the workflow will be the same.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?