Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGoogle Street ViewGSVProblems

Issues with Google Street View7927

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I created two models for a client on 08/21/2018 under my own credentials. These are 2 separate stores. Models were shot using Matterport. I uploaded to GSV, and then used Pano2VR to add nadir patches and re-uploaded the models to GSV.

The full tours were visible on google street view. I could see the blue photo spheres correctly located on the map. I then passed ownership of the images over to my client, which was successful.

The blue photo spheres disappeared. I thought that was normal, maybe just for a few days.

While the images are visible under the business listing, and will lead to the tour, the blue photo speres are not visible. I returned after a two week trip and nothing has changed. I have been in contact with a Google Street View moderator but they have no resolution yet.

This is really bad for my business,the client has 51 other stores that they would like me to scan but I can't even produce on 2 stores. I now doubt they will be interested. I have never had this problem before.

My REAL question is does anyone know who to contact at Google that can do something about this?

Here are the two businesses one of my web pages.
Please click on View Larger Image to get to the businesses in Google Maps.

Thanks,

Leon
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Google has help on google my business. You have to fil out all sots of questions and then somebody in India i believe will call you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @leonherbert

You should join GSV forums I know there are a lot of moderators from google.

good luck!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
try Local Guides Connect https://www.localguidesconnect.com instead
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@tresdepro thanks, I did not say that but that is how I am in contact with Google at the moment. I am a member of of the streetview local guides connect. Here is the discourse so far.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@tresdepro was wondering if there is a different way to get hold of the engineers, but thank you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Not all blue dots appear in a multi node tour.

Google pushed a fix for car/trekker uploads recently. All blue dots disappeared. Now they are back to my knowledge
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Metroplex360 I believe that is an unrelated issue. I know that not all dots appear, and they increase as you zoom in. I have no dots where previously I had + 20 for each location, and it does not matter how far you zoom in or out.

Pulling my hair out.

Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert having worked with Street View(née Business View, née Business Photos) since 2013, you learn that 'Google giveth, Google taketh away.' With GSV you can only underpromise, and over deliver.

What to know if new to GSV -

Having GSV doesn't increase SERP.

GSV is a Map Product and 'See Inside ' which was displayed in the search product Knowledge Graph is deprecated. And Google has said it is never coming back. The onscreen real estate is too valuable to the search team.

Blue dots and yellow dots(deprecated) have only existed on desktop Google Maps(displayed by clicking on Peg Man). Most users will NEVER look for a GSV virtual tour on the map this way. They will discover the tour using the mobile Map apps, with a verified business listing, and click on a 360 image bucket. Google Maps desktop still has a 360 image bucket in the Maps Knowledge Graph.

GSV will break, have bugs, stop working, delete content, republish deleted content, because that's how it rolls.

The GSV will only talk to you by their official communication channel - LocalGuidesConnect - unless they need something from you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@TrustedPhotoDC I have been dabbling on and off with GSV from 2011.

I agree with the giveth and taketh.

The street view app does have dots, they are Red. But granted only real techie people will use street view. I am on localguidesconnect and the moderator has overpromised and under delivered.

That is life.

I am almost sure I have something for Google, they can call me at .....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I will say this much -- using a system like GoThru (PanoSkin if you prefer) -- to have a backup of your tour that you can republish, or present with a custom overlay is a GREAT backup plan. If Google screws up things and all of your tours go bye bye, then you have them all ready to republish on GoThru.

Furthurmore, if Facebook, Apple, or any other companies offer a similar product, you know that GoThru and PanoSkin will likely adopt these platforms and you'll be able to push the tours to them too.

Plan smart. Your content is important.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Metroplex360 i agree 100% I have the tours in Pano2VR, I added nadir patches with them.

Only problem is that I passed ownership to the company. I will see if they will give me google credentials to publish the tour again with their credentials.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101641 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?