Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase3rd Party Service ProviderInteractiveNavigation

Looking for subcontractor Matterport modification7925

joelE private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I'm working on a project with a customer where we are looking a way to change (in 3D and walkthrough view) the floor, so to have kind of a layer but that still be interactive with navigation, so keep in place as we move.
Do you think such option is possible ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@joelE

If you have a 3-story space, how about creating three separate models?

For example:

1. Duplicate the model three times
2. Delete scans in each model so that you only have one floor in each model
3. Upload to Matterport

Note: Matterport will only charge you the processing for one model (since it is the same). Each model will count towards your hosting plan.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Actually the goal is to have another image of floor taken by an external camera that will take images (with correct dimensions) and will catch temperature of the floor.
So we would like to incorporate this new floor image to put as a layer on ground of Matterport one.
But we still want to be able to navigate and see different colors on the ground depending temperature
Post 3 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
If I understand your question correctly, you want to change the flooring in an existing Matterport environment.

That's not possible with the current Matterport system however.

There are ways around this, but they require you to step away from the Matterport system for the final product. Depending on how realistic you want your end product to be, there can be a lot of manual labor involved as well.

To get a global idea of a space with a different flooring, you could look in to services like Archilogic.

For a more realistic approach, you would need to have a proper 3d model created, after which the possibilities are endless.

Some examples of projects that I have done in the past:

Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm ok to go outside of Matterport, but the big challenge here is not to have a video as output but a manual navigation like in Matterport, where the visitor can decide to go everywhere and see the different colors of the floor depending temperature (so import as a layer from this external specialized camera).
I know it's probably a huge work to achieve that but would become a workflow for customer that may have several projects like this, not only one
Post 5 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
The projects I mentioned are real-time applications as well. The first one being a keyboard and mouse input project, and the second one being a VR application. If you skip to two minutes in to the first video you can check out some of the interaction.

The Archilogic service I mentioned is a real-time web application. The solutions I provide for my clients are standalone applications that run locally.

I hope the above clarifies some things for you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
nice to know. I see interaction that you mentioned. Do you think input a layer instead of changing colors in program could be possible ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
You mean to switch to a different flooring material? If so, yes that is possible.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?