Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dollhouse ViewMatterport WorkshopWalkThrough

Walk-through Only, no Dollhouse, no floor plans, no photos needed.7876

Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I have a client with a large Assisted Living Facility that has asked for a MP walk-through, but doesn't want a dollhouse view as part of the finished product.

Is there any reason I cant just do a walk-through path and not worry about scanning all of the space? Is there a downside Im not considering?

There is a clear path through the faculty that they want to show. Restaurant, Bar.. coffee shop. Its a new building. No floor plans needed. They don't need photos either.

Im I missing something? I can just scan a walk-through and call it a day... ? Im afraid Im over simplifying or forgetting something.

Does anyone have an example of this?

Thx!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BlueImmersiveMedia

I would shoot it just like any Matterport 3D Tour and then disable dollhouse in Matterport Workshop.

At some point, go back and see if they want to pay X more to get the dollhouse view

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BlueImmersiveMedia

You can shoot any contiguous space, as you described, if you decide you want to do that to keep your time-on-site down.

When someone tries to walk around, they may be frustrated that they can't go off the path.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I would suggest just doing a walkthrough video vs a Matterport scan. That may cover more of their needs and save you the time of scanning the space.
Post 4 IP   flag post
George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
Is there an easier way to export the walkthrough to video? There isn't an export option for something like that, is there?
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Not an easy way... when someone requests a walkthrough, we typically don't use Matterport at all. A cheap cellphone gimbal works well in a pinch, or we'll film with a DSLR and gimbal for larger/higher-end properties.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BlueImmersiveMedia

What problem are we trying to solve that the client does not want the dollhouse view of Matterport?

How will the [photography] be used?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks Dan.

There isn't a problem to solve, really. Im working through the pre-sale, walked the property and they had some suggested requests/solutions. They dont "know" what they want exactly, like most. In my thinking through the right solution/application... I was thinking about the options, and wanted to talk out the walk-through as a Path vs the ability to explore freely (by scanning the whole large space). It was a kind of "hmm, what does that mean or look like" moment.

What @immersivespaces points out is interesting. If you want a single path walk-through, then do a video. It is the one path experience, right? That is a good option, but that is half of it. The immersive piece is missing. You cant swing around 360. Unless I use the ThetaV...not sure that the right tech.

Its about the balance of what the client wants, thinks they want, needs to solve the issue they may not know they have, and to deliver in the end the product they wanted/needed/love. ALL within budget.

So I opened the dialog to explore the conversation and gather data. So that I can manage the conversation and deliver a solid solution. I was also looking for what I didnt know.

In the end, I'm going to (I think) propose a scan that is set up to let the audience explore the space and experience the brand environment. (So scan for the VR experience, not to produce a solid DH or Plans) The brand has spent millions creating this ALF space. However, I am not going to produce a Dollhouse. Its not necessary. The focus is on the "community like living". So I will have fewer scan points and no photography. This will shorten our time, give them the budget they need and still allow the brand to deliver what is important. (I will CLEARLY state no photos, no DH... etc

I think this is the right balance. Thoughts?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BlueImmersiveMedia

Thank you for the additional backstory.

Since it sounds like you want a tour - not necessarily with the dollhouse view - you might use:

✓ 360º photo spheres shot with a Ricoh Theta V or other 360º 1-click camera

Use one of these platforms:

✓ CUPIX - 3D Tour like Matterport, without the dollhouse view (need to shoot 360ºs closer together)
✓ ThreeSixty Tours - you can shoot 360ºs anywhere: they don't need to be close together
✓ iStaging - simple solution

As a WGAN Standard Member, your Membership benefits include:

FREE! First six months of CUPIX Small Plan + Studio Add On Pack (Publish to Google Street View)
Free use of ThreeSixty Tours (Whitelabel Pro 5 Domain Subscription)
free use of – first four months of of iStaging Ultra (using your 360º Camera)
Free Logo Patch to replace Tripod View
Post 9 IP   flag post
101722 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?