Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCapture AppOutdoorsProblems

Cant move from inside to outside area ?786

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I did my first scan yesterday. Was really impressed with Matterports rendering time had it back in an hour.

Here is the model:https://my.matterport.com/models/RfiyM4pqWEA

I marked the sliding doors in the living room as windows,and I don't know if this is the problem? It gave an error on two of the outside scans.

How do you mark big glass sliding doors?

My second questions is the outside area has one step going out, so do I mark that area as a new floor because the alleviation differs?

I maybe have to go and scan a vehicle showroom with lots of glass and the showroom floor on the edges slopes down, would it be possible to scan that? Here is a link : https://www.google.com/maps/place/Scuderia+South+Africa+(Pty)+Ltd/@-33.932246,18.4247618,3a,75y,252.41h,85.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHxJ3dsfgVofOnn-YLCrC6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xddff404b53bc8a!6m1!1e1
Post 1 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
The error is you mark the door like a window
Don't mark the door. Mark only the big glasses
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gerhard
It's exactly as Piero said a door no matter what type is not marked. If you mark it as a window you of course can't walk through it. Just go back into Workshop and delete the window marking and you should be able to walk through the open sliding door.

Please get back to use to let us know that that fixed your problem.

BTW, when you shoot the vehicle showroom make sure you keep all doors open when they're in shot otherwise you will encounter another problem of not being able to walk throw these areas.

Good luck and well done on your first showcase
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Piero and Gary. Thanks for the quick replies.

I went into the app and have removed the "window" off the sliding door. But if I hit upload it replies with ; "model Unchanged" You have not changed this model since it was uploaded. What am I doing wrong? Cant find anything on Matterports site.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
It's strange that removing a marker wouldn't show up as a change... try making a very slight change to a trim line, maybe just stretch it a tiny bit. See if that will show up as a change.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi John, I just tried that now also. It will start uploading for like 3 seconds and stop. And just show Upload Last Update 2015-10-9 and the time. I have also closed the app and reopen it. But still says no changes found. Must I not maybe delete a scan?
Post 6 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
it's ok you have to wait
Later you have to see if it's work ok
I had the same issue, but it didn't work
I had rescan the entire room with the right marks (before I deleted the all the scans that saw the door, if you don't make this the software is confusesed (the data read the door closed)
Let su know
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Piero, I will check later to see if it works. It was just a trial run, still a lot to learn. But getting the hang off it.

Cool, will let you know. Thanks again for the help and advice guys.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard, it's working perfectly. If it looks like it's starting to upload and then suddenly says, "Last Update: XX-XX-XX" that means it uploaded successfully. If you try again, it will see that nothing has changed.

Uploads seem to take a few minutes or longer sometimes, but occasionally they finish in a few seconds.
Post 9 IP   flag post
To check on it, log in to My Matterport. You should see the tour there, with a status of "Processing."
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hi Gents, Thank you it worked. Have a great weekend.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101428 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?