Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360ProblemsTips

Looking for a photosphere tour solution7856

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I need a 360 photosphere tour solution. My client does not want a Matterport but instead wants a tour like in the link below.

How can a I do this? It looks like it was done with a DSLR then stitched. I can do the as I have the gear and stitching software. But what is the end application/interface they are using?

Would it be faster and better to shoot with my Matterport?

Suggestions please!

Example
Post 1 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Well I certainly do not have the technical solution, but I will be following this thread closely as to me the example you have shown is not even close to what the client would receive with The Matterport option, but watching with interest those with more knowledge on the technical end and what is recommenced....Good Luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @BrianM - Have you checked out our ThreeSixty Tours product?

https://threesixty.tours
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I think Matterport is a much better product. This is just a series of 360's.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM

As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of ThreeSixty Tours White-Label Pro 5 Plan.

Please see your Welcome Onboard Letter for the order form info (or Private Message me for the link).

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BrianM

BTW, WP3D Models WordPress Plugin and ThreeSixty Tours work seamlessly together.

Instead of a Matterport 3D Tour, you can use ThreeSixty Tours as the tour ...

As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of:

✓ WP3D Models WordPress Plugin and
✓ ThreeSixty Tours White-Label Pro5 Plan

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@DanSmigrod - thanks for jumping in with these links and additional info.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV CUPIX Short Story #220 | 1-click 360º Camera + CUPIX + ThreeSixty Tours

@BrianM

For those that do not want to be an expert in shooting 360º photos (DSLR + Stitching), you can use:

1-click 360º Camera + CUPIX + ThreeSixty Tours

Best,

Dan

P.S. First six months of CUPIX Small Plan + Studio Add On Pack (Publish to Google Street View), for We Get Around Network Standard and Premium Members.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
I have not looked at this in detail yet as I am remote.

But I do have a quick question. Can I shoot the 360s with the Matterport? Then upload to ThreeSixty Tours? Or would DSLR stitched be better?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BrianM

About ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BrianM
But I do have a quick question. Can I shoot the 360s with the Matterport?

There are three ways to do this:

1. Matterport Capture App: Shoot 360º Views
2. Matterport Workshop: Take a SnapShot in 360º Mode
3. Publish to Google Street View; then import into Panoskin Pro (As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of Panoskin Pro

#3 is intriguing because if you do 200 scans, you get 200 360ºs. How long would it take you to shoot 360ºs with a DSLR camera and then stitch them?

Caution: I believe that Matterport does not allow the exporting of the full file size of the imagery. So, even though they advertise X quality in the 3D Tour, you can not export the same quality to do the workaround that you are describing.

I am not sure on these two last points. Best if @Metroplex360 weighs in on this....

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@BrianM - the short answer is yes, absolutely.

The 360s created with your Matterport camera can be uploaded and used within ThreeSixty Tours. That said (& dependent on your quality needs/etc) you may find it beneficial to invest in a lower-cost (but very fast) all-in-one 360 camera (@DanSmigrod has a great curated list, I believe).

Using one of these standalone 360 cameras as a supplement to your Matterport or DSLR allows you to create imagery not possible with Matterport (mounted on a selfie stick, way above your head, for example). Additionally, they capture everything all at once - so live-action or fast moving content (even clouds/water/etc) will create stitching errors/challenges when piecing together a number of images (Matterport or DSLR) to create one pano. Using a 360 camera, everything is captured all at once...no post processing/etc.

Food for thought...
Post 11 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
The example was created in PanoTourPro(Kolor - Deprecated)

Right Click on the tour.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101635 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?