Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsMatterport WorkshopQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Will you place 360º Views in Matterport Workshop?7850

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Monday, 17 September 2018) is:

Will you place 360º Views in Matterport Workshop?

Public Beta: Place 360º Views in New Matterport Workshop

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bernardhhi private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

Unless I’m missing something - I found You still need to place the 360 in the Capture App and you can only reposition, re-orientate or delete the 360 in the Worksop Beta. Also the anchor point the 360 returns to only want to connect to closet scan point - that may mean you “re-enter” the 3D tour
in the garage or worse still a bathroom.

Overall I like the addition of editing placement in Workshop - at least now I don’t have to re-upload if 360 incorrectly placed in Capture App.

Regards

Bernie
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't tried the new Workshop placement system, but thought I would chime in on the past beta for placing external 360's in the model. The idea is great, but it's clunky and I've abandoned using it so far, for a different reason.

In the past you have had to elect to engage the "new version" of showcase in order to add 360's. My problem is that I vastly prefer the "walkthrough" mode of the old showcase over the new version. The movements between positions on the old showcase are smoother, more elegant, so I've had to avoid the new version, and therefore I can't add the 360's.

I truly (please, please, please!!) wish that Matterport would improve not only the movement in "walkthrough" mode, making it even smoother, tapering the starts and stops, and especially redesigning the build process. I could save hours of trial and error running of the showcase if MP would simply do this:

Make the showcase building process these steps:
1) frame a snapshot you like in a sequence of rooms. In each room, aim the camera for the best composition. Then indicate whether you want the pan to be left to right, or right to left. Program this so that the SINGLE snapshot you've composed becomes the CENTER of the pan. So if Left-to-Right, the pan begins a bit left of the snapshot, and ends and equal amount to the right.

It is terribly frustrating to have to guess where to frame a snapshot in order to presume where it will pan to, especially as you have no idea (until you run the showcase) which direction the AI decides the pan should be. This is idiotic. I know the logic about guessing the pan direction, that if the next position is to the left, the subsequent 360's pan direction will be left-to-right, but this doesn't always work. Trial and error with all the guessing takes 3 times as long as this should. And it could be improved so easily.

Improve the showcase flow design and incorporate the external 360's in the new, improved design, and I'd love to use them more.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101269 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?