Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ArtGoFundMePeople

Art Project: 1st use of a Matterport 3D Tour mashed-up with a GoFundMe Page7798

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport 3D Tour collaboration by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod and Georgia State University Art Student Bethany Girard.

--

Hi All,

Georgia State University (GSU) Art Student Bethany Girard - my muse of 10+ years for various photo shoots - is 30 credit hours ($15,000) short of graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Studio Art in Atlanta.

"So, here I am, doing the thing I think I cannot do -- asking for help in order to fund my education. Attached to this campaign, I have included a 3D Tour of my home studio that is meant to be observed as my intimate, virtual senior portfolio as it includes most of my artwork that I have created in the past 10 years," write Bethany on her GoFundMe page.

"Inside the web link you will find many buttons [MatterTags] to explore that include paintings, drawings, photographs, videos of singing, interviews describing my experience as an artist at GSU, etc.," says Bethany. "Dan Smigrod is a photographer and friend that believes in my reason to call for action. He is the visionary of this project and it is my pleasure for all to explore this unique piece of work that we have co-created together. I am extremely lucky to have good friends and family that inspire me to reach for the stars."

I imagine that co-collaboration Matterport 3D Tour of Bethany's Studio is the first use of a Matterport 3D Tour mashed-up with a GoFundMe campaign.

The week of 10 September 2018, Bethany begin reaching out to family, friends, colleagues, students, faculty directly and via social media to help her pay for college. In the mean time, Bethany is a server in a restaurant and taken a break from school until she has enough money to continue.

In Bethany's Studio, we used various Matterport MatterTags for video, audio, websites and photos to help her tell her story and show her portfolio of artwork.

Plus, we feature Bethany in the 3D Tour as she does her makeup, brushes her teeth, sings and reads.

While I may have gone overboard with MatterTags, in this discover Bethany's art project, it seems to work to share her plethora of artwork, our collaborative photo shoots over many years and her on-camera storytelling.

How did the project come together? Bethany and I were visiting over lunch discussing our next collaboration: scanning a GSU art classroom with Bethany sketching, modeling and talking about her work hung on the classroom walls. When Bethany shared her story about her wish for her Mom to see Bethany graduate - her Mom has cancer - I suggested that we turn our collaboration into an art project with a purpose. And, thus, the GoFundMe campaign mashed up in an unexpected way to show and tell Bethany's story with a call-to-action to help raise $15,000 to help her complete college.

What would you have done differently?

Do you have questions about the Matterport 3D Tour?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,
What an intelligent and engaging tour/artwork.
Still exploring it!
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Oliver,

Thank you.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool idea!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Gladsmuir
@BlueImmersiveMedia

Thank you. So far, Bethany has raised $620 of $15,000 on Bethany's GoFundMe page that includes this Matterport 3D Tour of her studio / artwork.

85 unique visitors have visited Bethany's Studio 306 times, as of today (Wednesday, 12 Sept. 2018).

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion started by @Tosolini

Using 360 interactive storytelling to support a crowdfunding campaign

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Was sad to see that Bethany's GoFundMe stalled at $620.

How is she doing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?