Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirbnbMarketingMeeroPhotography AgencyStrategy

Meero - Air bnb photographer sub work7786

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...just wrapped my first shoot for Meero which handles the work for Air BnB. Has anyone here done work for them?? Please chime in if so...would love to know someone else's feedback and see if it's similar to mine.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

Meero reps use the We Get Around Network Find a Pro Map to source Pros.

When they need Pros in a market that is not shown on the Map, they reach out to us. We then run Matterport Pro / 360 Pro / iPhone photographer notices depending on the project that they are sourcing.

They are a global buyer of photography. As a result, they know what Matterport photographers / HDR photographers will accept for work.

Typically, their business is for Pros filling gaps in their other work: much like a limo driver will do Uber to fill the gaps.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Understand...thanks. I want to hone in on their expectations and see if anyone else has experienced the same thing I have after doing a job for them today.

180 minutes to get 90 photos with 3 different lenses....that's a photo every 2 minutes. Then, for some reason, if you finish that in the allotted time; they want you to do a home inspection utilizing an app where you have to take up to 100 more photos and then grade and comment on scuff marks, broken items...etc....it's just way too much. There's just not enough time...and to get the types of photos they are demanding for being so rushed to complete all this work in that time...it's just impossible. They need to be open to feedback from people in the field....hope they are. I would love to fill in my gaps, but won't be able to if they aren't willing to adjust and listen to feedback from real pro's in the field doing this work. For example 10 photos in every room - 6 with a wide angle lens, 2 with mid range lens and 2 detail shots...way too much. Very frustrating first gig to say the least.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray I agree 100%. I signed up with them in the Chicago market with promises of 3-4 shoots a day, all local. After taking their test they contacted me to do 1 shoot in downtown Chicago. For me that's 90 minute drive. I said no thanks and they offered me an additional $50. I still refused. I told them for what they pay, if I can't do 3-4 shoots a day It isn't worth the time or effort.

They then contacted me 2 weeks later with 3 shoots all in downtown Chicago and all in the same building, but they each had to be done on a different day. I refused again and they offered an additional $100 per shoot and to also pay the parking fees, which they don't normally do. I agreed for some strange reason and then one was canceled and then on top of all the photos they wanted like you described, they wanted me to also take snapshots with my iPhone of the images on the camera LCD and email them to them after I finish each room so they can review and approve. That's when I refused the jobs again and haven't heard from them since...thank God!

Bottom line...they pay nothing and demand the world. Best advice, stay clear!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray
I've done Matterport tours for them. No problems whatsoever I think I scanned 20 rooms in one week easy money to be honest. On average I spent around 20 minutes per room but my partner who was doing photos had to stay at least 3 hours
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pixelray
@rzphotoman

Should I decline to source Pros because they don't pay a lot or are demanding?

I would suggest letting them know a price you would be willing to do the project and let them be the one to decline work. Set the price high enough - mad money - that if you got the project, you would be happy.

Still don't want to do the work? Then increase your price more. Always let the client be the one that declines to engage you.

A lot depends on supply and demand.

Think of it as Uber surge pricing.

Other thoughts?

@tresdepro

Glad it worked out for you. They have engaged many Members of the WGAN Community around the globe.

All,

Again, they are a sophisticated global buyer of photography - including Matterport. They have a pretty good sense of what Pros will accept for payment. Nothing wrong with letting them know what you will charge to do their projects.

Life is a negotiation.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like hell! How much are they paying for these shoots?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dan - EXCELLENT ADVICE! Set prices, stick by them and let the buyer look elsewhere. It's a tough position to take if you're underemployed, but this is what all MSPs need to do if any of us are to thrive.

Anyone see the classic film Norma Rae? My wife and I watched it with our recently adult kids last weekend. This is, of course, what unions to support the workers they represent. We don't have an MSP union but that doesn't mean we can't act in the same manner.

Dan, thank you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@tresdepro

How did you get set up with them for Matterport? I went to the website and I put Matterport in the "Other" camera spot and it said they don't have anything available for that.

I'm guessing you have to put a standard camera in as well to be considered. I offer DSLR services, but not when it is 4 times the work for half the money!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Richierichks There not looking for Matterport photographers they are only looking for HDR photographers...at least in the Chicago Market.

Dan, that's really not the way it works. The only reason they offered me additional money was because it was the beginning of the Airbnb rollout and I was the only photographer they had approved.

Once you sign up, you log into you Meero dashboard and you will see any jobs they've assigned to you which you may accept or decline, but no negotiating. There prices are pre-set and they want you to keep your schedule updated on their site so they know when you're available.

Just my experience in the Chicago market during the last 3 weeks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@Richierichks

I didn't know they existed, they were looking for Matterport Service Providers in my area so they contacted me.
They actually have to book a room, then they have to pay you, I'm guessing they spend around $300-$500 maybe more per Tour. All the tours will get stored in your iPad but you upload them in their account.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

I'm glad that our intro to Meero to you turned into business; though not the experience that you had hoped for.

WGAN has introduced dozens and dozens of Members to multiple Meero photography sourcing representatives around the globe. Assignments vary from Matterport, HDR photography, iPhone property app reporting, etc.

Respectively, I disagree with you regarding ability to negotiate. By declining, you begin negotiations, if there are no other Pros that are available in your market in the time-frame needed. Thus, you received offers for more.

The world is a marketplace. Chicago is a marketplace. When the supply of photographers that are not willing to accept the approval process, pricing and shooting requirements, the price will rise until a photographer says yes. You experienced that.

This chart about Porter's Five Forces Analysis sums up what we are discussing.

The forces are:

1. Competition in the industry;
2. Potential of new entrants into the industry;
3. Power of suppliers;
4. Power of customers;
5. Threat of substitute products.

Source Porter's 5 Forces
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@tresdepro

What do you mean they have to book a room? What type of spaces are you shooting for them? What are they paying you as an average for square footage?

Thanks for the info!
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Hopefully you're right Dan, because what they are offering for the jobs in Chicago for HDR photography is a fraction of the going rate. Can't imagine that any qualified working photographer would accept work for anything close to what they offer in this market.
Post 14 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Hotel room booking for MP was mostly for a mobile product called Hopper.

I spoke to an assistant AG at a cocktail party over Labor Day. Many AG’s in different cites and states are looking into illegal rentals in apartment buildings. Guess who is hiring to shoot these allegedly illegal rentals?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@Richierichks
In order for you to scan the room they have to book it, the hotel doesn't know you are there for the job they think you are another guest.
The price is fixed (flat rate) unfortunately I can't comment on that.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

Key word is marketplace.

1. What is a Client willing to pay?
2. What is a photographer willing to accept?
3. If there are no photographers will to accept at X price, will the Client offer more?
4. Will the photographer be willing to accept new offer?
5. Eventually, equilibrium is reached.

I could imagine a factor is new photographers too seeking experience, a logo for their website (client) or filling in slow periods.

While offers may be low, it may indicate that there are more photographers than work.

Best,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I will close this with a few thoughts that I hope the folks Meero will listen to:

90 photos is an ABSURDLY high count for photos for a 0-1 bedroom. Included in this 90 is 10 per room (even small bedrooms) and they say if you don't get to 90, you have to go back and finish for free. This is just way overkill. Not to mention, they give you 180 minutes to get the 90 photos. That's a photo every two mins. You must use 3 different lenses as well. At the same time they demand perfect photos and are VERY demanding of perfect photos. This is a recipe for disaster.

They also make you complete a home inspection using an app that requires 100 more photos with grading and notating issues found in the home. I'm a photographer. Not a home inspector. Not to mention, this was easily an extra hour of work...where does that fit in within the 2 mins per photo??

The pay is nowhere near what it should be for this much work. Granted, I knew what they wanted before accepting, but I'm the type of person that has to try something before I can give my 2 cents. Well,I have tried, and I sincerely hope they listen to feedback from people that have done this work for years. They obviously need help and the volume is attractive. But, my sanity is worth way more.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@pixelray I agree 100%. It's too bad because at one time I thought Airbnb would be a great market to pursue. Now it seems like a race to the bottom. Maybe they'll see the light.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pixelray

I am glad that the intro I made to Meero turned into business for you.

Wish it had been a happier, long-term experience for you.

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
They contacted me and I signed up due to do MP and DLSR Shots for Amsterdam Hotels. But their process does not work for me as they offered a deal for a pricing I would not even leave my bedroom and also very short term for two weeks work. I told them my pricings and also the fact that I need to arrange shootings at least 4 weeks in advance.

That´s not possible with their platform. Also not to set a minimum pricing.
Till then I got only DLSR offers which are so low cost that I can not accept.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@mori Seems like an ongoing theme with Meero.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mori

I wish my introduction had turned into meaningful business for you.

I have made dozens and dozens of introductions of WGAN Members to Meero reps around the globe over the course of many months.

Obviously their are photographers that are either accepting Meero's initial offer or working out an arrangement that is satisfactory to the WGAN Member.

Should I decline to source Pros because they don't pay a lot or are demanding?

Best,

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
101421 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?