Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVHow ToMarketing

How to Publish a Matterport 3D Tour to Google Street View7781

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Publish to Google Street View from Matterport (see Apps Tab in Workshop)

Matterport published to Google Street View. Note that you can walk through walls because I have not moderated the walk around experience with a Google Moderator tool such as Panoskin Pro or engaged MP2SV (@Metroplex360) to fix this (and the color, add a nadir patch, etc. Below are the step-by-step screen grabs for publishing this Google Street View Tour from Matterport.

Hi All,

It is easy, fast and simple to publish to Google Street View from Matterport. Do this a couple of times and you will automatically get Google Trusted Photographer status.

Matterport starts charging $19 per tour published to Google Street View starting 1 October 2018, so you still have time to practice without getting charged. (Not for residential).

While there are only three steps to publish to Google Street View from Matterport, I did some additional screen grabs to help you visualize how to do this and what to expect.

Questions about using Matterport to publish to Google Street View?

Best,

Dan

--

Screen Grab 1: Enter property address. Use Google Address Auto-Complete

Screen Grab 2: Once the address was added, Matterport places the tour on Google Maps

Screen Grab 3: Using the two (2) placement tools – move and rotate – place the tour exactly in place

Screen Grab 4: You can look at the placement in map only view (and also resize the map to view)

Screen Grab 5: Select a Google Street View account to publish (your Google gmail account)

Screen Grab 6: Review. In Screen Grab 7, I review with the map so that I can see more

Screen Grab 7: Publish

Screen Grab 8: Publishing in Progress

Screen Grab 9: In 24-48 hours, expect to receive an email like this from Matterport. The tour is likely available on Google Maps within 24 hours.

Screen Grab 10: How to Edit or Delete model from Google Street View, once published.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I noticed that I can not navigate my Google Street View tour (above) because I am in the midst of reprocessing it.

I noticed that I placed the building 180º in the wrong orientation after I was 'walking around' the space.

So, it is likely to take another 24-48 hours for the tour to work; say by Saturday, 8 September 2018.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love a tutorial like this on how to edit it afterwards in Panoskin...

We're still doing 99% real estate scans and haven't really gone after that Google Streetview market yet, even though I think it's ultimately quicker scan times and more $ for Streetview especially if you charge for annual ongoing hosting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV: Panoskin to Google Street View Demo and Discuss for Newbies

@Queen_City_3D

In this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show, we do a deep dive - demo and discuss Panoskin Pro with:

✓ LCP360 (Panoskin) CEO and Founder Wojciech Kalembasa
✓ LCP360 (Panoskin) Co-Founder CTO Tom Chomiak

In addition to getting an in-depth demo from Wojciech and Tom, I also ask them what's new with Panoskin since I saw their presentation at the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo.

My co-Host for this show is Dallas-Ft. Worth-based @Metroplex360 Founder Chris Hickman. Chris is a subject matter expert on Google Street View.

Is this video helpful to you?

BTW, we are in the midst of scheduling with @Panoskin ... WGAN-TV Panoskin Pro Custom Builder for Newbies (a major, new feature of Panoskin Pro that is discussed with our guests in the first show). That show will likely air live this month (September 2018).

Best,

Dan

P.S. The interview is nearly 3 hours. Despite the length, it has been viewed nearly 1,000 times (between our WGAN-TV YouTube Channel, WGAN-TV Vimeo Channel and WGAN-TV Podcast on Apple iTunes Podcast app (WGAN-TV Podcast)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting that Dan. I have done this exact procedure on every home and business I scanned so far. I still have yet been able to walk into any of them. I can walk down the street the business is on and go into other businesses that have 360 tours but not the one I did with the door open using the Matterport. I even have 3-4 connected scans from the front of the store. I would love to see a tutorial on how you show the client their home or business on GSV and any statistics, such as to how many engage in it, that can be used as a selling point.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

1. In Google Maps, search for:
iSimu VR, Old Norcross Road #100, Duluth, GA
2. See the thumbnails at the bottom indicating a 360º View?

3. Click on any of the 360º thumbnails to enter the tour to see the tour ...

BTW, you will want to remove the homes so that you do not get flagged for violating Google Street View Terms of Service (showing private spaces).

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
I would love to see a tutorial on how you show the client their home or business on GSV and any statistics, such as to how many engage in it, that can be used as a selling point.

Can you start a new WGAN Forum discussion on that topic for anyway to weigh-in?

Again, I would remove any tours of homes that you have published to Google Street View.

Dan

Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I would also love a "How to" for multiple floors or does MP meanwhile support this?
Post 7 IP   flag post
MiB private msg quote post Address this user
Does it make a difference using the google my business account holder when uploading? I have a client here in the UK that wants to be able to walk in from the street view.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101422 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?