Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ConstructionMatterport MatterPak

Matterport 3D Tour of Construction Framing7753

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I have a possible new client that wants me to take a MP tour of his framed-in house. This is not something I've done before and I want to be knowledgeable of all the selling points, especially the measuring benefits. Where is the best place to find this information? WGA site or MP site?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a sample if that helps.

Know where wiring and plumbing are, measure ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Thanks Douglas. I have a sample construction tour. I want to know more of the facts such can a builder use this with an architect for specific purposes? I know the measuring is supposed to be fairly accurate but what is the actual accuracy. I've already told him that he will be able to see exactly where his wiring, outlets, ducts, etc are located once the walls go up. Also that he can show it to his clients, sub-contractors, etc. Just looking for additional selling points that I'm missing. Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

What problem(s) are you trying to solve for the general contractor, architect or homeowner?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
It's a general contractor. I'm not trying to solve any problems just trying to get more of a sales presentation ready. So far I've only done real estate and rental properties. I looked on the MP site and they talk about creating point clouds, OBJ's and importing to CAD software. I need to learn what a point cloud and OBJ does and also the advantages of importing into CAD software. I'm lost when it comes to all of those terms.

So, looking for a place that may explain this to me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

Sounds like you already got the order?

Why not ask the General Contractor how a 3D Tour at framing stage will be helpful?

Please see WGAN Forum discussions tagged: AEC, Construction, MatterPak, Point Cloud, obj, pts

Please also see these We Get Around blog post:

We Get Around FloorMe Extreme: Matterport Meets SketchUp File for Easy, Fast and Affordable 3D Modeling
We Get Around Our FloorMe Floor Plan Service Created From the Matterport 3D Showcase Object File (.OBJ)

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
‘I'm not trying to solve any problems just trying to get more of a sales presentation ready‘

- a sales presentation should solve problems, otherwise you are just telling your own story.

Here are some tips to build your sales presentation.

Builders and contractors can benefit massively by;

- reducing physical visits to premises
- capturing time-specific developments
- by doing a number of scans over the build phase they can review historic work
- insurers, and any outfit requiring build authentication, can see proof of work
- clients love work in progress updates, great for foreigners needing updates and walkthroughs
- point cloud data can be exported and shared with 3rd party such as architects, surveyors

Hope it helps.

A
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Thank you. That helps very much!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?