Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsCapture AppPricingQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Do you charge extra for Matterport 360º Views?7728

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 28 August 2018) is:

Do you charge extra for Matterport 360º Views?

(Matterport camera can shoot 360º photo spheres outdoors with the Matterport 360º Views feature in the Matterport Capture app.)

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Embarrassed to say I didn't know about the photo spheres outdoors ability of the Matterport. I'm anxious to try it at my house today but it's raining all day. Does anyone have any examples of what these are like to share?
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Not at all... the quality is terrible. I would be embarrassed to try to sell them to customers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@rzphotoman

In the Matterport Capture app, you typically use 3D Scan. To the right of this button is 360º View. 360º View is used to shoot 360º photos - typically outdoors. These 360ºs are not affected by sunlight. Today, you can place them in highlights reel. While you can export them in Matterport Workshop, my understanding is that Matterport throttles back on the quality of the 360º.

Reminder, once done shooting a 360º View, select 3D Scan (or you will be very unhappy when you shot a tour in 360º View and realize it is not what you expected.

I encourage you to test before deploying.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
No. We usually provide at least 3-5 complimentary.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by immersivespaces
Not at all... the quality is terrible. I would be embarrassed to try to sell them to customers.
you hit the hammer on the head. There is no way we can charge clients for this , its terrible. if we can edit the blown out skies maybe, but otherwise will never charge any of my clients.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101706 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?