Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraDJI Mavic 2Insta360 Pro 2Pro2

Matterport Offering $1,000 Off Matterport Pro2 Camera + Pro2 Lite Special7694

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Forum Member forwarded this Matterport email to me today (Wednesday, 22 August 2018) ...

Hi [redacted],

I just got out of a marketing meeting, and we are going to start running the largest promotion we have ever had. As an end of the summer sale, we are offering $1,000 off the Pro2. We also have a promotion on the Pro2 Lite which we have never had before. Please let me know if you are still interested in Matterport! I will be happy to go over these promotions in more detail with you.

Best,

[redacted]

---

Note: no mention in the email if you have to pre-paid for a year of Matterport Cloud or any other terms and conditions.

If you are planning to buy a Matterport Camera, talk with their sales team.

If you bought a Matterport Pro2 or Pro2 Lite Camera within the last 30 days, sent a note to Matterport Support and let them know that you plan to return it so that you can take advantage of the their special offer. My mostly, Matterport will offer to credit your Cloud account so that you do not need to return the camera to get the special savings.

If you learn more about these offers, please post here (or Private Message me).

As early as today (22 August 2018), Matterport is still running online ads for $300 off Matterport Camera.

Best,

Dan

P.S. If I was them, I would bundle a WGAN Standard Membership with the Camera to help Matterport Newbies ... Succeed Faster Use the money that you save to join as a WGAN Standard Member (and still have money left over ... )
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you bought a Matterport Pro2 or Pro2 Lite within the last 30 days of today (Wednesday, 22 August 2018)...

From the Matterport Terms of Sale (last updated 31 May 2017):

---

4. Return Policy.

(a) Return Policy for Cameras Without Faults. One time only, You may, at Your expense, return to Matterport the first Camera purchased by You within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of such Camera to You, provided that such Camera is in the original packaging with the original receipt. If the Camera and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first Camera purchased by You. Subject to those rights set out below regarding Cameras with faults, You will have no right to return any subsequently purchased Camera without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion. For clarity: (i) any Camera obtained in a trade-in or upgrade transaction is not eligible for return under this subsection; and (ii) the limitations set forth in this subsection will not apply to any limited buy-back program offered by Matterport, and the written terms of such program provided by Matterport shall apply instead with respect to the return of Cameras subject to such program.

---

Please post here if this helps you save $1,000 on a Matterport Camera purchased within the last 30 days.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
jblythe private msg quote post Address this user
This is really tempting. I am trying to hold out to see what the GeoCV offering will look like, but I am slowly growing impatient

It also might be worth noting that they are selling "the last few remaining stock" of the original camera for $1899. I dont know if that is a good price or a bad price, or even a good camera, but it is currently being offered on their site.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblythe
This is really tempting. I am trying to hold out to see what the GeoCV offering will look like, but I am slowly growing impatient

Thank you Please be patient and stay tuned. We plan to provide the first batch of DIY solutions as early as this October [2018]. We'll reach out to you personally with the details.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It also might be worth noting that they are selling "the last few remaining stock" of the original camera for $1899. I dont know if that is a good price or a bad price, or even a good camera, but it is currently being offered on their site.

$1899 is a good price if you are interested using the Pro-1 for its ability to create OBJ/Point Cloud files (Matterpak). The Pro-1's capabilities at producing 3D objects is identical to the Pro-2.

If you are wanting to create the best quality visual product for 3D Tours, you cannot afford to buy a Pro-1. Other minor points include the fact that Matterport is now experimenting with the Pro-2's onboard GPS with 360 Placements (I'll save that discussion for a different thread. Just not impressed so far).

--

Concerning the other promotion that you've heard of -- I have not heard of it yet. While this may be an insult to many for the full investment, I'll say what I said when the Pro-2 was announced and people were weighing in the value of the trade-in program:

If you purchased a camera and have had it in your possession for a month or so -- It is my hope that during that time, your usage of the camera had value that exceeded the discount/trade-in difference that you would have received had you waited.

--

In the past 2 days, Insta360 Pro 2 and DJI Mavic Pro 2 models have been announced. If the Pro-3 were to be announced soon, it would be par for course.

[disclaimer: At this moment in time, I have absolutely no knowledge of ANY new Matterport Camera in pre-production or planning stages. I also do not think that it would be necessary. If a new camera were to be in the works, the main improvements would likely be in the IR depth sensor as the industry has finally moved forward in that department.]
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonYakubenko
Quote:

Thank you Please be patient and stay tuned. We plan to provide the first batch of DIY solutions as early as this October [2018]. We'll reach out to you personally with the details.

@AntonYakubenko

This is AMAZING news! I will be anxiously awaiting
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I wonder if the Matterport $1,000 discount is in response to:

Insta360 Pro 2 - BREAKING: Insta360 Pro 2 VR camera debuts with in-camera stabilization
iSTAR Pulsar
GeoCV

While typically a large price-drop is a sign of a new generation product around the corner, I do not believe the Matterport deep discount on the Matterport Pro2 Camera is signaling a new generation of Camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
[disclaimer: At this moment in time, I have absolutely no knowledge of ANY new Matterport Camera in pre-production or planning stages. I also do not think that it would be necessary. If a new camera were to be in the works, the main improvements would likely be in the IR depth sensor as the industry has finally moved forward in that department.]

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this email from Matterport:

“Hello

I hope this message finds you well! Matterport, the company that invented affordable 3d photography is now making it even easier to get started!!

The Pro2 Camera (not the lite) is now on sale for $2995, now through midnight on September 3rd (Labor Day U.S.), that is a whopping 25% discount on the industry leading Pro 2 camera

With Matterport you will set your self up to be abe to:
Add immersive 3D tours to your marketing toolkit
Wow sellers and new home buyers
Differentiate yourself in a competitive marketplace
Attract new clients by delivering 4k still photography AND immersive 3D tours from a single on-site photo shoot”
Post 8 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
This no longer appears to be a rumor but true. Companies normally don't give such steep discounts unless there's a reason and in this case I feel it's the latest capture from GeoCV https://www.inman.com/2018/08/20/geocv-partners-with-halstead-for-3d-home-tour-that-will-blow-minds/# This is a truly stunning shoot and it show the remarkable capability of what GeoCV has in store. MP know if a competitor can deliver a equal quality IMMERSIVE virtual tour that can be hosted locally by the client as well as have backup and restored capability there going to be in trouble and begin to lose market share. So what do you do, you take a whopping $1,000 off your camera.

If GeoCV plays their cards right within 3 to 4 years they can own this market and I'm afraid that MP could become a distant memory. The key is self hosting or a cheap hosting plan with backup and restore and perhaps even white labeling. It's simply what we've all been asking for for the last 4 years and it look like GeoCV are going to deliver it.

My only concern is the GeoCV kit (hardware). Please don't take this as a negative but showing up with your smartphone on a motorized mount isn't the same as walking in with a MP camera. If GeoCv can develop some device which holds the phone and RealSense Depth Camera into a single unit to look more professional then they would be on to a winner. In my line of business if I was to show up on set with the current setup it would not appear professional. So please GeoCV think about some housing which combines both devices to give the customer the appearance of a pro rig like the image which MP projects. I call it the mystery box as people just look at it and say wow. PM me if you wish to discuss this further.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder I agree Gary plus the lack of HD stills means a second shoot with DSLR for many jobs. It still has a way to go in my opinion, but definitely going in the right direction. Not sure if this will be the end of Matterport. If they're smart they will keep improving on a great camera and tweak the business model to offer white label, different hosting/storage options, etc to better compete with all the new comers. If they do, it will be good for all of us.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Saw this on the Matterport home page this morning (Thursday, 23 August 2018.

Small print says:

"*New customers only. Offer expires 11:59pm, Sept. 3, 2019."

Does not look like you need to pre-pay for 12 months of hosting to redeem this offer.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if they finally hit their saturation point for the camera. Anyone thinking about buying a camera in the future will now most likely hold out for the next $1,000 sale or MP will quietly offer the discount to keep sales moving if you ask for it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just for my own clarity, are you not required to take additional, his resolution photos along with the MP scans? As I am not currently using the product, I thought both were necessary in general. If so, then I think the offering (by function alone) of GeoCV is comparable to MP. I could be wrong.

IMHO the hardware "visually" bears only in the market you are in. In the case of GeoCV with this most recent article, and with agencies like Douglass Ellerman and Nest Seekers on their client list, they are showing that they can produce high quality visuals with the equipment they have, and the agencies dont seem to care that its done on a phone. Educating clients on the advancement in the technology might need to happen, but this is a process problem not a technical problem.

I think the main concern here would be agents purchasing the equipment themselves and doing the photography. This might work in markets where the hosing moves slowly and agents have the time and energy to do it, but in those places where time is money, agents are going to farm off this task each and every time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Capture speed is a consideration that should also be made re: GeoCV vs Matterport.

Matterport's $1,000 discount is just a crazy sale. The camera now costs less to manufacture and more money is made on SAAS than camera sales. If they can afford to sell more units at a lower price, they make more money.

I have had two people contact me and pick my brain about my business. They are considering buy the camera at this rate. I offered our services as B2B with a 20% discount so that they can immediately start serving clients while they wait. I have booked one tour so far and should be getting a few others. I will make at least $1,000 off this, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySnyder
I wonder if they finally hit their saturation point for the camera. Anyone thinking about buying a camera in the future will now most likely hold out for the next $1,000 sale or MP will quietly offer the discount to keep sales moving if you ask for it.

I'm surprised that Matterport did the $1,000 discount. Many companies look at Apple's playbook and they have never undervalued their products. When I see a steep discount and miss the 'sale', I can never bring myself to paying anything more.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
<=== Still waiting for more chatter on a Pro-3 if the above discounts are any indication of what we saw happen with prior discounts.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@VTLV - I know nothing about a Pro-3. Things are very quiet at Matterport on all fronts right now.

I knew nothing about the Pro-2 Lite before it came out.

I've been assured by several people at Matterport NOT to read into this and that it was a planned sale.

Personally, I don't see any reason for a Pro-3 at the current time for RE. We don't need better image resolution. The advances in IR sensors that Intel released this year (D435) would be nice - as it will extend range from 6m to 10m and "allow" scanning in direct sunlight. Not sure if it would operate faster allowing a 'Faster Scan' mode. That would actually be quite cool.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: From the Matterport.com from page on Tuesday, 18 September 2018 | $500 and $600 off offers

Screen grabs from Matterport website on Tuesday, 18 September 2018
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

After running the $1,000 sale, Matterport dropped the price of the Matterport Camera:

Matterport Pro-2 is now $3,395 - New Price

Best,

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
101600 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?