Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewiStar Pulsar

Istar Pulsar 3d camera for GSV7682

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Can anybody tell me if they purchased the istar Pulsar camera and how it is going with mapping 3d street view?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@harrycayman

I plan to do so, but I'm waiting until they have a marketable backpack mount and a car roof mount. And, they can't give me any clue as to when that will be.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

We're proudly using the NCTech iStar Pulsar!

Here's the scoop:

- It's 2x the resolution of the insta360 Pro 1 and Pro 2 for GSV. It's far more crisp.
- Out of the box, it has connectivity issues that are frustrating but are resolved with a firmware update.
- Presently, as it was presumably tested in Ireland, all imagery is overexposed. We're waiting on a firmware update that will increase the shutter speeds appropriately.
- The 'VR.World' system (which is like my.matterport.com in essence) is still rather rudimentary, but it does the job that it is supposed to do in showing uploads and allowing a preview before publishing to GSV.
- We have discovered that when we upload imagery -- even if it is not level, Google seems to automatically level it shortly after it is posted. Therefore, in the picture about, I'm wandering around with a DIY Trekker (link) without a gimbal -- just a lightstand with a camera -- and the end result is leveled content.

Here's some test content:
https://goo.gl/maps/TrYGNWvNJ7u

When this first appeared on Google, it was NOT level. It is VERY overexposed. We will be removing this in a week or so. The deletion option is available via the Street View App.

Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Chris @Metroplex360,

Have you tried to make a tour inside any company with this camera? If you do so, can you share with us please?

I enjoyed the DIY Trekker you made. And the images have a great quality, I think the only problem is the overexposure as you said.

Nice job. Congratulations!

Jefferson Takeda
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Cool! Thanks for sharing the GSV example too.

Can you easily remove – or replace – the NCTech logo - if you want?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@TakedaSan So far, no. We are very optimistic about using the Pulsar to traverse areas such as indoor malls as they usually have skylights, which I imagine would allow for GPS to work accurately (especially on the top level).

As 'Street View Ready Pro Grade' devices rely heavily on accurate GPS, and GPS is often extremely difficult to obtain accurately within structures, I'm not optimistic about the use for walking a business and using the device as a substitute for normal GSV capture. That doesn't mean I won't be trying it

Google does not seem to be imposing too many restrictions on content at the current time. I was delighted to see how Google automatically levels the submitted imagery and imagine that at the same time that it calculates the appropriate pitch/roll, that it also applies some Machine Learning algorithms to understand the captured content. I would not be surprised if imagery submitted from these devices that was inside of a small store would be rejected as it would be detected that one was attempting to create a road inside of a shop.

--

@DanSmigrod - We are supposed to be able to change our Nadir. At the moment, the 'VR.World' concept is pretty rudimentary. I almost feel like I work for NCTech as a technician rather than a customer We can register devices with them (which requires manual authorization) and then we can monitor uploads that are done, view a preview, and then if we are happy, post to Google Street View.

I believe that the NADIR patch should be a function of the app, although I am not seeing the option at the current time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

In the mean time, I could imagine that you could use a GSV moderator - such as Panoskin Pro or GoThru - to import the GSV tour; swap-out the nadir patch and repost to GSV?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Chris
Ok so you are doing GSV and uploading. Who is paying for this service? Are you doing street view and then selling businesses along the way? Just trying to figure out after camera purchase then the uploading charges to NCTech how money is made. Can you shed some light on that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101717 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?