Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LEDLightingPortable Lights

Shooting with portable lights7680

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I have a client with a property that is in the pre-drywall stage and there is no power/lighting inside and having a portable light is needed. They want a Matterport scan done as is (basement included).

There is a power pole at the curb of the property by the transformer and a 100 ft extension cord will reach to the back of the basement.

Can anyone please recommend portable lighting equipment that will do the job?

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user

We recently used these portable rechargeable lights in a fire damaged home that had no power and they were great - this is obviously in New Zealand but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get them over there!
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=lux-pro

These are awesome... I have two on top and one on each side with velcro and it just spins with the camera and the are adjustable...
Post 3 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Sounds like prefect lighting, i would love to see it if you have a picture.

i assume that all lights are facing front, the top two must be tilted up and the side ones must be titled down, i'm gonna need that soon for an upcoming scan so that's why it'd help to see your tested setup.

Thanks in advance.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Can you share a pic of your setup.

Thanks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Here are a few photos... The lights can be angeled up to 180 degrees and they have two brightness and I do not have the velcro on the sides at this time (don't need it now and it messes up in my case that is a tight fit...) but I would have it on the handle (and it fits just right...) and the other side with velcro. It's so cool as it will light up the room areas were the camera points. I use this for SerPro a lot.

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DouglasMeyers
Here are a few photos... The lights can be angeled up to 180 degrees and they have two brightness and I do not have the velcro on the sides at this time (don't need it now and it messes up in my case that is a tight fit...) but I would have it on the handle (and it fits just right...) and the other side with velcro. It's so cool as it will light up the room areas were the camera points. I use this for SerPro a lot. ...

@DouglasMeyers

Way cool!

Can you share a Matterport 3D Tour that the only available light was with your setup?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post

This was with two lights (I added the other two after this...)
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers

Wow! That's crazy.

In your "spare time" can you start a new WGAN Forum discussion about shooting in a fire damage home and include this Matterport 3D tour and the photo of your lighting rig?

I could imagine:

✓ lessons learned about shooting in a fire/water damaged home
✓ special gear needed (mask, boots, LED battery lights, other?)
✓ what gear that you wish you had also brought

Thanks,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Leeverdon,

If you want an inexpensive way to shoot in the dark, check these scans I did.

All I used for the "lights out" scan was a Bell and Howell 60-LED light bar from Bed Bath and Beyond for $19.99. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/bell-howell-rechargeable-60-light-led-light-bar/1062105835?opbthead=true&ta=typeahead&Keyword=bell-and-howell

In the "lights on" scan, I did not use the Bell and Howell LED bar, just the available incandescent lights in the basement.

If you go to my website's gallery page https://www.nw3dphoto.com/new-page and scroll to the bottom, you'll see these scans side-by-side. I was surprised how well such an inexpensive light bar worked in total darkness. The light bar is light and just sits on the top of the camera.

The light bar has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts several hours.

Is this solution better than any of the others mentioned? No, it's just a different solution. I'm always looking for ways to cut costs without diminishing results. Additionally, it gives people another idea to consider.

Good luck on your shoot with whatever method you choose.

Scott
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sure...
Post 11 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @sbl110

I like that light bar, very useful indeed.

Thanks for sharing!
Post 12 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks a lot @DouglasMeyers , that was really helpful.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Thank you for posting the pics and link! It helps immensely!
Post 14 IP   flag post
101274 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?