Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Allan Retail GroupBluetooth BeaconsGoogle NearbyNear Field CommunicationsNFC

WGAN-TV Bluetooth Beacon Marketing for Matterport Service Providers7638

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Imagine that a prospective home buyer drives by a house for sale and automatically receives a link on their smartphone to a Matterport 3D Tour – or single property website.

How is that possible?

Find out on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT | GMT -4) on Wednesday, 22 August 2018: Bluetooth Beacons Meets 3D Tour Marketing for Matterport Service Providers.

Our guests will be Allan Retail Group Founder – and Matterport Service Provider – Dorothy Allan.

And, how can you leverage this knowledge to differentiate your Matterport Service Provider business to get more business while helping your real estate agents win more listing presentations?

Plus, imagine the same scenario in retail – with an expert in the retail space collaborating with you. Live in a tourist destination? A must watch show.

Here's some of the topics we will cover during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show:

The key to growth is diversification, bolt on services are the key (Add Ons)

Real Estate is a warm market any agent can use a NFC device

-- Link to a single page website
-- Link to a landing page (creates SEO backlinks)
-- Link directly to a Matterport or CUPIX tour
-- Real time analytics
-- Easy to set up landing pages

Bluetooth enabled / Google Nearby (investment)

-- Makes Wi-Fi as a delivery irrelevant
-- Very easy to use
-- Back office analytics
-- Newest Androids come with Google Nearby on out of the box and every time the phone is powered up

Proximity messaging as a service can expand Reality Capture professional 360 market

-- Retail, service, tourism, event marketers can leverage proximity marketing
-- Is great lead for a 3D/VR Tour

Learn

-- Order one and try it yourself
-- Get your own account, learn the ins and outs
-- Shared Learning

Plus, join the Virtual Studio Audience and ask your NFC questions.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
jblythe private msg quote post Address this user
What an awesome idea! Cant wait to watch
Post 2 IP   flag post
Naz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan

I currently provide proximity marketing in Melbourne using Beacon-Google nearby push notifications.
When an Android phone user is within the geofence ( max~200m) of the Bluetooth, a push notification with the virtual tour of the business is sent to the phone.

These messages can be remotely configured using our web app and the messages could be Virtual tour, deals, landing page, etc.

Happy to share more details.

Cheers
Naz
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe

Do you want to join the Virtual Studio Audience and ask questions during the show?

@Naz

Sounds great. Please do tell us more about how you are using NFC / Beacons / Google Nearby in Melbourne.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I would live to but the timing of these, for me, is a little difficult with getting home a settled with the fam so I watch them later and recently have been catching up from the podcasts. Thank you for the offer though! I am excited to see how this works. I have mixed feelings of the usage as we live in a older money area and at least initially I cant see people wanting this feature, but I am a technology forward sort of person and would like to know the potential in such a feature and how to apply it moving forward.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe

Thanks for the backstory (and watching WGAN-TV) ...

You can watch WGAN-TV Podcast (video) on iTunes Podcasts app and Podbean app.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I added to the description (above) – Zach and Ron, the two co-founder of the platform that Allan Retail Group uses to offer this solution – will also be my guest on the show to help with the backstory about the technology and examples of how others are using Bluetooth Beacons today.

Bluetooth Beacons are another way to help your real estate agent Clients differentiate their marketing to get more listing presentations, win more listing and get premium listings.

Thanks for watching ....

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My first beacon arrived last night (Thursday, 16 August 2018).

Cool!

Super-excited about this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show next week.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

What brand of beacon did you get? I was messing with my phone as one (just to see how this actually worked) and was looking into getting 1 or 2 myself.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe

I received my beacon from Allan Retail Group Founder Dorothy Allan - whom is my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT | GMT -4) this Wednesday, (22 August 2018).

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thank you! I am excited to see the video of this for sure. I was messing with this all weekend and super excited at seeing the possibilities!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe

Great! Dorothy's platform makes it easy, fast and simple to configure the beacon(s) and track metrics.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe

Feel free to Join the WGAN-TV Virtual Studio Audience to ask questions.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Great show planned for you today (Wednesday, 22 August 2018).

It's the mashup of Beacons (find out on the show) and Matterport 3D Tours.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 15 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I have had this as well. Here is how a Matterport person can kill it with this. Combine this, matterport listing website with wp3dModels with retargeting pixel and SMS.

open house buyers come in and beacon sends them push notification (can be text or graphic) with "get 3D interactive tour to take with you" or something like that. When they click it takes them to listing website that has FB retargeting pixel. When they leave you ask them "are you going to see other open houses today? great take ours with you and compare kitchen to kitchen , room to room...just text 44444 with tour and it will give you access...."

So now you have them retargeted for 3 weeks to your agent or the specific property and you have the agent has their cell number to notify of price drop or special kitchen remodel allowance.

There is more but that should get your brain thinking. I bought www.openhousecloser.com a few months ago to package it up to offer agents this but been sidetracked. will get it done by christmas hopefully.

Few things; does not work for iPhone. Additionally you have to be in the range of the beacon for some time. If they drive by at 15 mph it wont reach them. Its not an end all but with this approach of offering Matterport to take with them you can offer agents a marketing edge they didn't have before.

Any other marketing ideas I missed? ( I dont sell the marketing so just throwing it out there)
Post 16 IP   flag post
allanretail private msg quote post Address this user
Glenn, great ideas. Beacons are posed for growth quickly.
I tend to put beacons at by busy intersections where it can capture cars as they slow or make turns. Or parking lots of large grocery stores.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@allanretail so it’s not 5 minutes they have to be within beacon range? I will have to test. I bought service but never implemented so you gave me inspiration to work on it. Thanks
Post 18 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain

I have been researching these for the last 2 weeks or so and so far from what I see, the timings are endless. Essentially the Nearby notification is seen by the server and its up to you programmatically to tell it what to do and after how long. You setup a webserver (or subscribe to a service) and then tell the system what to do be it go to a website, follow some instructions, on and on, once the device is registered.

Also, technically, Nearby notifications work on iDevices, they just need some help. Natively, they work in the background on all Android devices, but the service can been turned off. For an iPhone, there are "Physical Web" apps that work the same way...you just need the app on your phone to do it. I have been using PhyWeb.

Hope thats helps!
Post 19 IP   flag post
allanretail private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain, Beacons on only need to be with in range there is no time requirement. Androids have the lion share of the market in the US. Apps are being written for iphones but not ready to deploy.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
At the moment and for the last few years people selling beacon makerrting iPhone is coming has been what I have heard. When I called them on it (their “webinar was 6 months old and they are still saying “soon”) with saying I would file a chargeback if they didn’t level with me they admitted it and offered me one of their other items. I kept it seeing I can make it work but have too many other businesses to get to it at the moment.

So you are saying notifications to phone is instant? Maybe it’s the service I bought (beacontastic with Barry) that has it setup for the notification to be sent via Bluetooth to androids. I will ask.

However this technology only works on android and from that part of the market only if they have Bluetooth on. However the makreting example I gave is a great way to use it. It just needs to be disclosed properly the its not all phones,etc.

It has value for what it does do.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
I also have another service from gomobile solutions that uses web app permissions to market a geo location ad that uses apple ad id from phones that enter a waiting room of a hospital so the user that gave permission will start seeing personal injury ads when they browse the net waiting. This doesn’t push notifications like blue tooth but rather uses the permission to them have the phone user see ads about the client. So to the ohoone user it’s discreet and this doesn’t appear like anything has been done by the phone user it just starts showing them ads when they surf the web. It has cons too so beacon marketing has its place in Matterport marketing for sure

If beacon notifications are instant like you two have stated then open house showings or houses for sale with this technology is very powerful. I will test soon because I was told it wasn’t instant.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Bluetooth Beacons Meets 3D Tour Marketing with Allan Retail Group Founder Dorothy Allan

@jblythe
@Naz
@jblythe
@allanretail
@GlennTremain

Thanks for the great discussion on Bluetooth Beacons.

Dorothy @allanretail ... thanks for being on the show yesterday (video above) to bring us up-to-speed on Bluetooth Beacons Meets 3D Tour Marketing for Matterport Service Providers. Bluetooth Beacons – via your division - NeerCom.info – sounds like an easy, fast and affordable way to offer Bluetooth Beacons as an Add On or to include in a Bundle to help real estate agents, retail stores and other businesses.

Since all Android phones using the current OS – as of October 2018 – have Google Nearby enabled as a default setting, seems like a great way to reach the vast majority of mobile users at the point of interest or purchase.

@GlennTremain Thanks for taking Bluetooth Beacons for a spin and reporting back to see if you have yet more use cases to share.

Additional thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
This YouTube and discussion here has renewed my hopes in getting it as part of our marketing suite. Thank you
Post 24 IP   flag post
101268 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?