Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCamerasCapture AppProblemsScanning

App Bug / Alignment Bug / Wifi Bug761

Richard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi to those who Matter.

As a real estate company, we brought a 1st gen camera about 12-18mths ago when they first came out and we were ahead of the curve in offering this to vendors in order to get more listings.

See link for current scans (and 360 degree agent presented video for that matter on some of the other tabs)

http://www.bushbystudios.com/360-property-scans.html

Although getting the usual scan and alignment issues, a turn off and reboot of app and camera fixed things usually.

However for our last 2 scans this has not been enough and we have had to stop them midway through.

Back tracking - for 18 months we have been using old capture app and iPad 3 with iOS8.x yet for the last scan before the one today, the camera had wifi issues more than usual and only half the house was completed. The house did have some security cameras in it and this was thought to be the problem in discussions with MP.

Given this, I updated iOS on iPad 3 and it crashed the iPad this morning and so I used my iPad 2 with iOS9 already installed and then downloaded the latest capture app:

Updated: Sep 21, 2015
Version: 2.1.4
Size: 62.2 MB

...then this afternoon we attempted to scan another house - 1st gen MP sync'd immediatetly with iPad 2 and all seemed well. However after 2 scans in 1 room, it lost wifi and would not show the wifi orange light on MP Camera. After many reboots (and taking it outside to the front of the house) it returned and we were able to resync as intended. Ipad 2 with new capture app then proceeded to work relatively fine for half the house then on our way out of the more 'scan heavy' smaller rooms the app then started to not keep the scans in sync (as in could not sync with last scan) then following soon after that - when the scan would align and moreso seem to be finishing the alignment the app would always crash. (Ipad has 50+ gig free and had been recently updated to new iOS only a day or so before so not may apps on this iPad 2 at all and thus no real congestion or commpetition for memory etc).

After many retry's the alignment app crash caused us to stop midway through this house as well.

Given I am not new to MP but new to this forum I see that most have contacted MP and received the usual - wifi/reboot MP camera and ipad drill answer - which isn't an ideal fix when working a property - but one that seems to be trotted out to offset any frustation. I see too that a mention of the memory allocation of the new capture app could be at fault - but nothing more than this being a suggestion by MP support for reasons unknown.

I see too that many more experienced high end users are getting a bit of grief, having to do many workarounds simply to do simple scans and this seems to be in essence a complete irony seeing MP was to make it more easier not harder.

So my concerns here are to the brightest amongst us and the newest. If MP isn't responding well to those in the USA who are heavy demanding users of the product, then what assistance will they give to those of us on the other side of the planet who are not so heavy users, albeit though - some of the first to use and mebrace this tech in Tasmania/Australia before anyone else? (Note: I must say that in my dealings with MP that have been nice but after reading this forum I can see that others are paying the price for their tardy fixes)

I am aware of 1st gen and 2nd gen problems and again is there anyone who can discern if 1st gen MP cameras are now not functioning well with the new capture app and therefore have we got machines that now cannot carry us into the future with any kind of stability. IS MP going to help offset the cost of a 2nd gen machine given the 1st gen cameras are simply - even after only 12-18 months showing their age?

So in conclusion it would seem to me we have no clearer answers on:

1. validity of 1st gen camera
2. what ipad and what camera and what app version
3. difficulty in regaining scans and alignment of scans and memory of latest app to store alignments.
4. difficulty dealing with a basic reboot of MP camera and respective ipad as the one simplified solution to all problems when what we have is a closed system that none of us can access.
5. MP with all the funding not necessarily giving high end users quick fixes and the loss of face, and the loss of income isn't high on their list of concerns to remedy.

For all the high end users communication with support I see no real solutions and although I will be talking to/writing to MP this evening am seriously considering not using MP scanning as it is becoming a liability (we are however a real estate company that uses it in-house so we don't have the make-a-living-from-it aspect that others do).

Is there anyone who can determine what on earth the latest MP screed is for answers to all your problems and to mine?

Thanks in advance.

R
Post 1 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Richard,
Sorry I cant help resolve any of your technical questions. But your entry brings forward serious concerns I have with MP. Foremost, How is it that you have to turn to a forum to resolve this unresolved problem. How is it that the company that sold you the $4500 camera and the hefty processing and monthly fees hasnt jumped to attention to sort it out?
And my even bigger concern is how could a well established user like you with exceptional experience with incorporating 3D visuals for high end listings seem to be completely at ease with discarding scans from your listings.
It seems you may have concluded this may not be an essential ingredient in your business anyway, that is most disheartening to me.
Sorry I can not answer your questions, I hope someone here can help in the absence of MP Tech support doing their jobs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?