Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I was doing a tour of a house today (Thursday, 2 August 2018) and they have a guest house about 25 feet from the main house. A sidewalk connecting them. Once I got 3-4 feet from the main house porch, I would get an error message stating it wouldn't align. I tried a smaller distance and nothing worked. I finally put lawn chairs along each side of the path and it still gave me alignment errors. I was in a mostly shaded area so the sun shouldn't be a factor. Ideas? Solutions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy
When I have this issue I turn the camera off, do a soft reset, restart go back and do another scan where things have previously aligned. Another option is to try lowering the camera right down and trying again. In my experience - sometimes it just doesn't work no matter how much trouble shooting you do!
Post 2 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @fotoguy,

Found this on Matterport's support site:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/229134287-Scanning-Outside-Paths-to-Guest-Houses-Video-

A best practices guide to shooting outdoors. They recommend:

* Scan inside first, then outside
* Scanning during civil twilight (30 min before sunrise, or 30 min after sunrise) Not much time to scan.
* Shorten scan distances
* Use objects to assist alignment
* And like @property3dnz recommended, lower the tripod (and try rebooting the camera)

Here's another Matterport guide regarding sunlight:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/209573687-Sunlight-Video-

Hope these help.

Good luck.

Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
If it was bright sunshine outside your camera won’t align properly. Try the connecting shots early or late in the day. You’ll have a better chance of success.

Howard
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?