Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugHighlights Reel

Highlight reel scan rotation control?7562

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to control the way a scan rotates in the hi-light reel when played? I constantly see scans that if rotated the other direction would be great. If there isn't a way to control this...there should be, IMHO.

Thanks,
Ross
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
osakadave private msg quote post Address this user
Amen to that...great question. I wish I knew the solution and hopefully there is one, or will be.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MKourani private msg quote post Address this user
Guided tour rotates according to the next hi-reel location,If it is at right the pan moves right. This if you mean the pan rotation which you can turn it off using "kb=0" parameter.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
The current image you are taking a snapshot of is going to pan in the direction of where the NEXT scan is located. Example: if your current scan is in the center of a room and the next scan position is forward and left, anticipate the current scan panning left. Set the position of the current image accordingly (anticipating it panning left)

And yes, I could be completely wrong but it seems to work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I always turn the pan function off as I much prefer without that distraction. I actually wish "off" was the default because I have to add the parameter "kb=0" to every single model I email a client.
Post 5 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I remember reading an explanation from a Matterport tech on this. Did some digging and came up with this:

Although there is no direct way you can control the pan, meaning tell it which direction you want the view port to turn, you can predict in which direction the view port will pan according to your Highlight Reel. That way you can know how to capture the Snapshot to get the desired results.

If the current Highlight in the reel is a 3D Scan, and the next Highlight is a 3D Scan, the pan is in the direction of the next Highlight in the reel. However, If the current or next Highlight is a 360° View, the pan will be to the left since 360° Views are disconnected from the mesh. Meaning, their location in relation to the 3D Scans is unknown.

The above is an excerpt from a longer post by a Matterport tech. Here is the link for the full description with examples:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115007779028-Highlight-Reel-Pan-Logic

@RedRock3D has it correct, one photo influences the next -- however, it seems that all bets are off it the next photo is a 360.

Also found this article on best practices for creating a guided tour:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/222595887-Guided-Tour-Best-Practices

Hope this helps.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
The elixir of Mp. Pls make this easier!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Customer journeys must be no.1. Wishlist no.1
Post 8 IP   flag post
101628 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?