Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DeletingMatterport EcosystemMatterport Kerfuffle

Well, this sucks.... can deleted model be restored?7519

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I knew this was bound to happen...

We recently deleted approx 200 models because of Matterport's decision to charge for hosting limit overages. We made sure to only delete older ones we THOUGHT we were done with. After all, it makes no sense to continue to pay to host them indefinitely when a client isn't paying for ongoing hosting. If you do that for too long the model will eventually end up costing you more than you made.

Today a real estate agent client asked if we could "set to public viewing" a scan we did for them back in 2016. Apparently the property never sold back then and they are only now putting it back on the market.

Of course, this just happens to be one of the scans we recently deleted.

I just sent an email to support:

"I have a client (real estate agent) asking if I can set to public viewing a model I did for them back in 2016. The property never sold and they are going to now try it again.

Unfortunately I recently deleted this model to try to get my model count lower due to the billing of models over plan limits.

Is there any way to please get this model restored? If not, I fear I will lose this client for future business.

Please help!"

Has anyone had a deleted model restored?

If you've read enough of these forum posts you know that I've ranted about this stupid model hosting fiasco Matterport has going on.

I don't like the idea of any limits as long as you having a plan you are paying for, but come on... at the very least Matterport should allow models set to private to not count to hosting limits! You should not have to delete models to not have them count to your hosting limits. Otherwise we get into situations like this.

If we lose a client over this, then it's a lot of future money lost for us and Matterport. Ridiculous.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
they are still there. "delete" does not mean "delete."
tech support will wave a magic wand.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Good to know.. thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
I also called MP support to see if duplicates count towards the hosting total and they do. They don’t charge to re-upload but they do count in the total hosted.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
To restore you need the numbers at the end of the link. Very fast and they are very happy to help.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101704 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?