Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bug

Basic problem with matterport7516

grainbrane private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wondering if anyone else notices this very basic, easy to fix problem with Matterport. I've emailed Matterport about this and they've basically ignored me. I've had several realtors tell me that they don't use Matterport because it isn't user friendly. I've had several people tell me (first time users) that they walk into a wall and can't move any more, and give up. I've narrowed it down to the basic problem that people don't realize that they have to hold down the left button and drag left or right to move. Does anyone else notice this totally basic problem that is easily correctable by putting a pop up or something similar, that let's first time users know that they have to click and drag? I don't get why Matterport or no one else seems to notice this? Am I the only one?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
You are not alone...
Also Matterport has the worse looking "Matter Tags" most people have NO idea what they are or to click on them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I've had clients as recently as last week say the same thing. I encourage them to try it on their phone or tablet so that they see how it really should work - inevitably, it does. Then I get with them when they are on the desktop and walk them through it. Yes, I've seen this again and again. When it's a problem is when they DON'T tell you about it - they just don't hire you again!

There is a pop up for first time users - maybe it should be a little clearer?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I could see the pop up getting rather annoying for many of us. Double edge sword annoying people with too many space to leap to and quit. Where others get stuck and quit. Our world is spoiled expecting things to work out perfectly every time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV I have no expectation that it, or anything else works perfectly. When multiple users on this site note the same issue (and I can attest to losing at least one client because of it), it seems that there's something more to it than unrealistically high expectations. Also seems like there must be one or two smart people running around Matterport who could figure out a way to inform clients of all tech familiarity how to use its products without turning off those who "get it".
Post 5 IP   flag post
All it would take is the system to sense when someone gets stuck and have the pop up come up. It could have a box for "don't show this again" etc
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
We do a highlight reel for almost every model. Then you just tell them to hit the "play" button and usually they're okay with that.

For some clients we have that highlight reel autoplay so that it is more user friendly to the agents/customers who want it to be like a video.
Post 7 IP   flag post
How do you autoplay a highlight reel?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@grainbrane

add the parameter &ts=X to the matterport URL (where X is the number of seconds to wait before the highlight reel autostarts).

E.g., &ts=3 means that the highlight reel will autostart after 3 seconds.
Post 9 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
I like using the arrow keys. I find those much easier and tell folks to try it that way.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, on a desktop, use the arrow keys. That should be part of the instructions for use.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
Its the only way using the arrow keys. I had a client tell me that they were not going to order another 3D tour because it was too cumbersome having to point and click the mouse to move around in the space. I went to his office and showed him and he liked it but the damage was done as he said that unless I showed him, he would have never figured it out and then quite rightly went on to say that he thought that most viewers would not know to use the arrow keys either. I'll bet anyone dollars to cents that 99% of agents have never touch the arrow keys on their keyboard.

I think that they should do away with the mouse pictorials and only show the arrow keys as the way of moving around the space. People will inevitably use the mouse for exploring what the other icons do and then find that they can move using this too (for those that want to Skip 2 circles to get to the other end of the room..... You learn to ride a bike first before you learn to race it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by &Queen_City_3D
@grainbrane

add the parameter &ts=X to the matterport URL (where X is the number of seconds to wait before the highlight reel autostarts).

E.g., &ts=3 means that the highlight reel will autostart after 3 seconds.

Or, use WP3D Models and check the box for auto play 😎

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101740 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?