Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PhotogrammetrySend RealityVideogrammetry

Anyone know this "Send Reality" a new member in 3D tours.7511

WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/24/yc-backed-send-reality-makes-3d-virtual-walkthroughs-for-residential-listings/

Would you please notice the background out of the windows? The result is better than Matterport result. In Matterport tour the outside scene is a picture attached on the window.

Maybe Andrew Chen is in WGAN, would you please provide the real link of 3D tours came from Send Reality's 250USD camera hardware?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I see a lot of flaws...
Post 2 IP   flag post
neeravbm private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Just curious. What flaws do you see?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
"explaining that the company can put together over 100K photos in the same time it takes for top academic labs in the world to put together 5,000."

Until I see a peer-reviewed paper on this claim, I will take that statement with a big pinch of salt.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP
@leonvanzweel

Andrew gave me a confidential demo in February 2018.

What Andrew has accomplished is magic.

In my follow-up email to Andrew in February, I wrote "You will change the world." His proprietary tech is amazing.

While I could imagine Andrew licensing his technology, he likely has a bigger vision for creating a business that could potentially disrupt the space.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I have a 7 hour drive today. Likely that I will be slow to reply, if you ask me a follow question. We will have spotty cell service. Heading out shortly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I see flaws in the bannister, walls, paintings... and that was just one area.
Post 6 IP   flag post
AndrewC private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, this is us! I noticed a bunch of traffic from WGAN, so I figured I should drop by. Hopefully I can answer some questions, address some concerns, and perhaps give my perspective on where virtual tours fit into the grand scheme of things.

A bit of background about myself (LinkedIn): I'm a Stanford computer scientist by training, and I've been captivated by the idea of virtual exploration for the longest time. I remember sitting on my computer on the day that Google Streetview came out, and literally spending the entire day clicking through cities around the world. Of course, there were issues – I couldn't visit the inside of anywhere, and as an avid videogamer, the clicking/jumping through 360 degree photos really detracted from the immersiveness of the experience. However, it did get me thinking – the most amazing thing would be to walk through a space, exactly as you would in real life – not through 360 degree photos, but through a legitimate, high-fidelity 3D replica of the real world.

Back then, this was a computationally-intractable problem. Luckily, I was afforded the opportunity to experience and expand on the cutting edge of computer vision during my time at Stanford. I'm really grateful to have had this opportunity, as the knowledge I gained in school, combined with the unwavering progress of Moore's Law, have enabled me to create what is now Send Reality.

If you can't tell, making a virtual replica of the real world has been one of my enduring goals since my childhood, and I'm ecstatic to be making progress towards it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
AndrewC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvanzweel
"explaining that the company can put together over 100K photos in the same time it takes for top academic labs in the world to put together 5,000."

Until I see a peer-reviewed paper on this claim, I will take that statement with a big pinch of salt.

This does happen to be one component of our company's secret sauce – I know that's a bit of an unsatisfactory answer, but unfortunately I can't say more without disclosing patent-pending company secrets. In fact, I would argue that if you wanted, you can disregard this quote completely. Ultimately, the only thing that matters your assessment of the quality of our product, rather than any technical details or any soundbite from the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
I see a lot of flaws...

I agree. Given that this is a v1 product, I'm very pleased with what we have been able to achieve so far. In fact, I'd argue that these flaws are a good thing.

As a company, the two things that matter the most to us are 1) Our Customers, and 2) Innovation. These two are inextricably linked. Enduring companies come about because they truly solve the needs of their customers, not because they have cool tech (although the latter can help achieve the former). Quality innovation doesn't occur in a vacuum, but rather is a result of making the things that improve customer happiness the most. We could easily spend a week to fix banisters, a week to fix walls, a week to fix lighting, OR we could spend that time building out features that our customers request, such as faster turnaround, faster shoot times, etc. It's a matter of prioritization, and all other things equal, we spend our time on the things that will make our customers the happiest.

In fact, I'm proud to say that some of our best features have originated from listening to our customers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Alberto private msg quote post Address this user
@AndrewC hey Andrew! About the speed, did you have to come up with your own SfM/photogrammetry/TSDF algorithm? Or did you adapt some open source one? I’ve also been looking into this space and it would be interesting to know how you’ve pulled it off!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101438 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?