Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GDPRMatterport EcosystemTerms

MSP Terms Change Email7456

jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
I received an email regarding Matterport updating the MSP Terms & Conditions for GDPR compliance, and call me crazy, but I don't remember reading Section 3(B) before - basically if you receive an MSP lead you can't try to sell it to someone else nor try to upsell them on anything non-Matterport, and you can't search for an MSP to see if you come up / who your competitors are. Maybe I just overlooked it before, but this seems a little petty.

(b) You shall not sell, or offer to sell, to any customer leads that Matterport refers to You, any image scanning or capturing services for three-dimensional and/or virtual reality models that are not Spaces based on Matterport technology and service offerings. In addition, You shall not sell, or offer to sell, to any third party any customer lead information that you obtain from Matterport through the Program. Under no circumstances shall You input any data into the MSP lead matching system for any purpose, including testing whether You are matched with hypothetical customers in Your area or for the purpose of obtaining information about any competitors in Your area. Finally, You shall not input into the MSP Member Portal any false or misleading information regarding Your sales or completion of services to customer leads or false information regarding Your MSP account data. Your failure to comply with any restriction set forth in this subsection or in the usage guidelines provided in the Support Portal will be grounds, without limitation, for Matterport to terminate Your participation in the Program immediately pursuant to Section 10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I sure like it. Every lead I have gotten over the past 2 years have been exactly what's described above. lol.

The "You shall not sell" language can be touchy. If someone asks if you do drones as well. I doubt there will be an issue with saying; "yes". Leading people to buy drone services during a Matterport lead conversation probably not advisable.

Why not steer them to your website where they can see examples of your services you did not push onto the lead. Depending on how much the company plays cop with the leads will determine if you need to write up a second invoice for additional services.

My hope for now is to get the leads to actually be legitimate leads, versus the Lookie Loo's checking out what I offer to determine competition.
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
We have generated zero business from the Matterport leads. A good number of them turned out to be people looking into offering Matterport themselves and trolling for pricing/sales workflow.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
We've received several leads from the MSP program that have led to great relationships.

My interpretation of the TOS is that if you get a lead, it's for you to sell and manage. You can farm out the work, but you cannot sell the lead.

I'm fine with that. I'd hate people joining the program to resell leads. That's just not fair.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
My experience has been the same as @immersivespaces - either no response at all or someone looking to buy a camera and doesn't understand why I'm trying to sell them services instead of a camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jasondavidpage
I received an email regarding Matterport updating the MSP Terms

Above is the email Jason references ...

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?