Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Houses Selling Too Fast?7453

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just wondering if anyone is having a problem selling the MP tour with the real estate market so hot? It seems houses in my area are selling 24-48 hours after they are listed. I wonder if the real estate agent feels the need for a whole tour when pictures might suffice to get it sold. It just seems like there would be a stronger need for a tour in a slower real estate market and an agent is trying to get his/her house to stand out amongst the others.

I wish the agents I worked for would ask the buyer if they viewed the tour and if it had any determining factor in the desire to see the house. It would give be some good feedback.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Had this problem for a few years. It's going to be near impossible to get them to spend money on it. The approach I used was to help them get the listing from the other agent. Set them up with a vr headset, iPad and get them to wow their client with a great marketing plan. I have agents who get tours on every listing because they promised it to the clients. The agents really couldn't care less about it IMO (some do) so you need to be more tactical with your approach
Post 2 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
Ive been in the tour business for 12 years and I can tell you that that is not a question you want agents to ask. Because if they get 'no' from one, then another and then another they are going to ask themselves "why am I paying for the 3D Tour" and not see the need to do them anymore to save money. In case you hadn't noticed, its hard to get them to spend money on marketing. So Not much good can come from asking this.

Years ago when I was an agent, I used to show the seller a glossy national magazine and tell them that I was going to put their home in it (at a cost of $3000). Of course, I always walked away with the listing as it was impressive and they then wanted to sign with me. But ask me how many phone calls I got from the Magazine. A big fat zero. Nada. But then I understood that I most likely wasn't going to get many inquiries from it. Most agents cant get a grasp on doing this (even when its a $2 mill listing). But I understood that it was a cool tool to get the listing and thats where the money is, in getting the listing in the first place. Good knowledgable agents and the house itself sell houses. @jamie You are dead right in what you said too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
It's exactly what @Jamie and @PhotoAndVideoEdits said...

You have to proposition the tour as a way for the agent to get new listings. After all, in a hot real estate markets, if an agent is able to get the listing its an almost guaranteed pay check.

You have to explain to them how it's an investment to make more money.

If it's to simply service a listing which is practically going to sell itself it will always be considered a cost, and possible an unnecessary one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Especially gated communities where you can’t get in without approval from a home owner.

Get a few of them and make a page that has currently for sale and area for solds and SEO the page then have Call to actions like “get notified of listings about to hit the market” and “get your listing here (they found the page from googling their area BTW)

Something like that
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Good points everyone. Thank you. That's why I love this forum.
Post 6 IP   flag post
3dvirtualview private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy I have found more interest from businesses and SEO then a single real estate agent. People tell me agents need to invest and do it for the client and not themselves. However al the agents I have spoke to want the Drone more than the MP.. frustrating honestly. I am working on a campaign to promote to businesses as my customers are loving it and the hits on the photos.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?