Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasMatterport CameraPricingScanning

Matterport Charge per square foot7444

lmrich73120 private msg quote post Address this user
I am considering starting a business that would document residential construction. I am considering using the Matterport camera. The sales rep at Matterport said companies are charging $.15 to $.20/sf. for scans. Please tell me if this sounds like a reasonable expectation. FYI, I live in Oklahoma City, which has a lower price of living than larger cities, so people expect to pay less for certain goods and services.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
$/sqft really depends on what the average home size.

If a house is 1000 sqft, then absolutely most MSPs would expect $150-$200 or more.

If a house is 10,000 sqft I doubt many people in residential real estate (i.e., real estate agents) would be willing to pay $1500-$2000. For commercial applications, possibly. But for real estate I would think $/sqft would be lower then bigger the average property.

Also, it depends what all you are doing... are you providing snapshots from 3D tour or charging for other separate photos? Are you building a highlight reel to customize the tour? Are you providing a customized website for the tour? All these items take up more time and energy and should factor into pricing.

That's just my 2 cents... or my 20 cents I suppose.

What's the average size of home in your area?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I was basing that cost on a 5k sf home.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Honestly, I'm so new to this whole process I don't even know what a highlight reel is. I am in the research process and learning more and more every day. I just know what I want to ultimately provide my clients. I'm still trying to figure out how to achieve that. I am somewhat familiar with what the Matterport camera can do. My concern is that I cannot transfer over to my client the final video and snapshots independent of a Matterport membership.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@lmrich73120 That's the crux of the issue with Matterport. I can understand having to keep a monthly account for the tours to be hosted but their limits on hosted accounts is ridiculous and makes it hard to figure out the costs for long-term projects. Seeing how the application you discussed (documenting residential construction) is definitely a long-term project, you'd have to build in annual hosting fees to your prices.

Personally I think its advantageous to take on lower priced scans if you have a profitable model for annual hosting as you may make less in the short term, but a lot more in the long term.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't bank on those numbers. Middle Man companies outsourcing to Matterport pros might get away with that pricing because their marketing budget has been pumped up and beating you out of your own market.

Many of us try to make $0.10 a square foot. If there's multiple cameras around you, expect your competition to drop to as low as $0.03 a square foot just to beat you out.

Photography services have been taking off the past few years and many people are jumping on with the Harvard # Crunch Mentality to do more volume at lower prices. Sometimes there little volume.....
Post 6 IP   flag post
101604 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?