Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pricing

Scan Price based on Price of Home743

StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone considered charging a percentage based on the price of a property? For example, .1 -.5 percent. So, a $500k home would range from $500 to $2,500.

Thinking further, if it's one level and vacant then maybe it's closer to the .1% range. If it's multiple levels and completely furnished there is more time and scans. This would be towards the higher end of the price spectrum. Distance could also be a factor and included in that range.

Is anyone doing this? If so, what are you doing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
Vacant homes can be harder to scan because they lack reference points for the camera to build.
Post 2 IP   flag post
That's great to know, but the premise is still the same. :-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
My point is a vacant home can sometimes take longer due to the fact that the camera has more challenges assembling the images. I would not charge a reduced price because a home is vacant as your time could be the same or more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Keep in mind that your client for most real estate scans will be the listing agent paying for the marketing of the property. I can't see any agent willing to pay $2500 for a 3D Showcase as there's always the possibility that the house won't even sell and they won't get paid.

I personally don't think a pricing structure based on the value of a home is beneficial to you. It'll discourage the high-end listings which are the most impressive ones to have in your portfolio.

Just my thoughts.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@queen city. I find it interesting the concept that agents would balk regarding the higher priced listings. We sure don't mind CHARGING by the price of the home but we should wouldn't want the same rules applied to us. ;-)

With that said, I do agree w you. I think it makes 'logical' sense, just not practical sense.
Post 6 IP   flag post
edirwin private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's a big mistake to price our services on the price of the listing. That should have nothing to do with the price of our service because it has nothing to do with the value of our service. Once again, you start to do that and bingo, you ask for someone to undercut you in price. Come up with a rational pricing structure that fits for all situations and that applies to whether the home is vacant or staged or occupied. Yes, there will be issues with an occupied home, such as agents and owners and pets around and you have to learn to educate the agents ahead of time and the deal with those situations. That's one of the challenges of this business. Just learn to deal with them and build those challenges into your pricing structure. Those are more reasons why you don't want to price at the bottom of the ladder, such as around $100, or even as low as $150 to perhaps $200, as for as I'm concerned. That pricing does not build in enough for you to deal with those kinds of challenges and continue to have a good outlook toward your work and a good attitude when dealing with the next agent that calls you for assistance.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?