Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
I've been approached by an organization to do Matterport tours for them but they only what to pay $150. They what a max of three tours per location and numerous 360°s of common areas and street to inside front door for GSV. They will provide the gear and the hosting. I'm just really disappointed in the cost they want to pay.

Looks like we have we reached the bottom in pricing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
TheHomeBird private msg quote post Address this user
if people agree to those prices it's their own fault, and they wont survive long time
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
This is a concerning issue, I agree. A reflection of the gig economy which drives that competitive race to the bottom. There are no answers as long as (1) someone is willing to work for less and (2) clients / employers see service providers as nothing more than the equipment they own. If Ansel Adams was seen as “a man who owns a camera” he’d be paid dirt too. But viewed as an accomplished artist, he’d be paid well, even today. That is the challenge we all face now. To be viewed a artists and professionals. It’s not the equipment, it’s the service and artistry which are valued.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Hey middle man company. I can’t wait to work for those competing with me in my own market for pennies. I would love to work for you so I can wear down my own equipment and risk my own insurance while you take on the heavy burden of hosting.

What a crock of crap.

People keep working for these guys because Harvard # crunchers suggest its all about volume. Gonna go puke now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a Toronto based company?? I got similar call this week

Howard
Post 5 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
@3dVuz No a southern US company.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
There's more to this gig than just an upfront price. Are they willing to pay ongoing hosting fees?

Heck, I'd consider doing free scans if the ongoing hosting was lucrative enough...
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with what everybody has said, but I can understand why someone would consider doing these jobs. For me I thought Matterport was going to be a game changer and invested money and time and not seeing the return I would like. But I can see the smaller business’s doing the same and in an attempt to salvage a little of the outlay that some will grasp at any work in the hope it will generate more work. Some of the service providers are doing very well and some are struggling. I wish there was a happy median for all of us but in our area nothing on the horizon. Just my two cents, so I understand all the comments and also understand why someone would take the work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I mean, if its apartments, I pay my team members that sort of price and they didn't have to pay for processing or the cameras too ...

This is a decent subcontracting rate. No one is getting rich here, but it's filling in the gaps.

If you are a clothing store and you are selling a shirt for $49, chances are you bought it for $20. If you are an MSP that manages a team, chances are you are going to pay out 40% on the sales price for the tour that you worked on making the sale for, then pay the processing fees, deal with the client, send the invoice, cash the check ... and hopefully you'll also have created a training manual of how you want the work to look, you provide quality assurance and you even workshop the tour yourself.

So, if the deal your received was $150 for 3 apartments and your client is charging the property $125 per tour for your $50 ... it's one of those standard subcontractor rate things... it's up to you if you want to play
Post 9 IP   flag post
eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of the reasons why I decided to get my real estate license. Now I can provide the service where it will cost me nothing but time and the monthly hosting fee. I also plan on offering commission sharing which wouldn’t be legal in Florida if I didn’t have my license
Post 10 IP   flag post
101646 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?