Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugProblemsScatterTrimming

Trimming Matterport Dollhouse Issue: “wall scatter”7311

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning again! Can someone be kind enough to tell me how to get rid of this "wall scatter" behind the restaurant Dollhouse? I have attached a screenshot from the original trimming prior to uploading the model. Thanks in advance.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Did you upload yet? It goes away after processing. Also make sure you’re not on top of the walls with the trim marker.

Post the link to the processed model! Good luck.
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Try marking the wall as a mirror instead of trimming.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@3dvuz Yes, I uploaded it. Is there a way to retrim it and get rid of the wall? @immersivespaces and if, if it's possible I will mark the scatter as a mirror on this next upload to see if that cuts it out. Thanks to you both for the advice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Let us know how it turns out!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Absolutely. Re-uploading with changes now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well--Team WGAN, unfortunately, I have no good news to report. I re-trimmed and re-uploaded and I got the EXACT same result. Even marking the wall like a mirror. Any other suggestions? The client is not too happy.

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

Can you post a link to the model? I could imagine that the trim might need to be done on a different floor.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
The trim markers are on the wrong side. The scatter is coming from the other wall.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd recommend marking as a window, not a mirror.

I'm curious as to why @JonJ believes it's on the wrong side. I'm not saying he's wrong - I just want to know what he's seeing that I'm not seeing

Posting the link to the space would help 100%
Post 10 IP   flag post
WOW! Thanks to @DanSmigrod, @Metroplex360, & JonJ (heavyweights) for weighing in! The link to the space is-> clickable text. I will go back in and try to block the scatter using a "window" and see what happens. Stay tuned.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here are the new trimming and pre-upload screenshots. I will post the results. @DanSmigrod there was only one floor Dan. I looked to see if it had created a second floor but it did not.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi All,

The scatter is coming from the side of the model above the rock wall. Right now your trim markers are on the opposite wall. As I said before, you want to add trim markers to the side with the rock wall. You can either do this with the trim tool and/or the window marking tool. When I trim a model, I always trim around the entire model so that I eliminate any chance of missing some scatter. In this case the scatter that resulted in the final model is not visible in the mini-map preview.

To improve your model, I would also recommend moving your markings a bit further away from the wall so that you don't cut off any of the desired part of model in the final rendering.

Hope this helps,
Jon J
Post 13 IP   flag post
@JonJ, Thanks for the advice. I tried the above--again with no luck. I am wondering if you might be kind enough to pull down one of the diagrams and show me exactly what your solution would be with Photoshop? I am asking because I am not sure where you are talking about placing the "remove" marker. Thanks in advance. Here is the screenshot of the last upload.
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
@JonJ, @metroPlex360, @DanSmigrod You guys are awesome dudes! I used a hybrid solution marked it as a window and trimmed it. Viola! Poof! Gone with the wind. My client will be sooo happy. I had previously (and erroneously) thought there was nothing which could be done as it did not appear on the map.

That was before I came to my senses and remembered the sheer number of generous Matterport geniuses willing to step up and offer a hand on WGAN (thanks Dan)!

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360

I'm curious as to why @JonJ believes it's on the wrong side. I'm not saying he's wrong - I just want to know what he's seeing that I'm not seeing

Posting the link to the space would help 100%

@JonJ

How did you figure this out?

It seemed counter-intuitive regarding where the "scatter" was originating from.

@Networker

On behalf of WGAN Forum Members, thank you for your kind words.

Best,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Tell us the truth Dan--this incredible idea for this forum came to you in a dream. Right? What an invaluable resource! You all are the best.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Networker

Much thanks for your kind note.

It’s Members like you ... giving and getting help that makes this Community magic.

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
101436 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?