Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AndroidARCoreRDResearchTosolini Productions

[R&D] ARCore + Matterport augmented reality illusion7239

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
In this video we present an augmented reality illusion leveraging ARCore and a Matterport model.
ARCore is Google’s mobile platform for augmented reality content, focused on attaching virtual objects to real world spaces.

Here, we utilize ARCore’s newly released Augmented Images capability and Unity3d to track a portal setup to an image on a laptop screen.

The image on the screen (planet Earth, in this case) is used to activate and keep the model aligned as the phone moves freely within the space. The portal’s selective rendering helps create a sense of depth, forming the illusion of a box that recedes into the computer screen. This experiment runs on an Android device.

Created by our VR designer Michael Gelon.

Paolo Tosolini, Founder
Tosolini Productions LLC
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
As a follow up to this thread, I'm quoting my VR designer about the process of importing the OBJ:

"I did some optimizing to the model. I brought it into Blender, joined the separate pieces, and deleted duplicate vertices (which reduced vert count by about 40%). I then separated the house into floors, and decimated each floor until it was under 14,000 verts. I saved this as an .obj in the root folder for the model.

After bringing it into Unity, I changed the material import to “legacy” in the import settings, which allowed me to change all of the materials to “unlit.” At this point, the model seemed to be running fine, and I swapped it with a simple cube to compare performance. If I needed to take the performance further, I would have used Mesh Baker to reduce each floor’s material count to one.

I ran the demo on a Galaxy S9 Plus- I’m not sure how it would perform on a less powerful phone."
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

it!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?