Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DeletingDo Not DeleteHosting PlanNewsletter

Matterport Hosting Plan: Deleting Models?7107

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The following is from the Matterport customer newsletter today (Thursday, 24 May 2018).

Feel free to comment.

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
Miami Beach, FL
AerialLook private msg quote post Address this user
We do not understand why MP does not offer a plan for hosting 1000+ models. As of now we will have to spend an additional $300+/month to keep our existing models. We do not charge hosting fees because the data is more valuable to us. We wonder if MP keeps the models after they are erased from your account due to the long term value that can be generated from them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@AerialLook JuMP team can provide a full database backup for any of your showcase.
The full database backup will include any data you will need to setup a web based selfhosting showcase system that can provide a similar result of current Matterport Showcase platform.

Full database backup:
1. 50K faces OBJ file with textures that will be used in showcase dollview;
2. the highest resolution Panorama of all of your scan points;
3. the localtion and direction information of all your scan points for rebuild the 3D tour experience;
4. some other important data also.

We are holding the development of our showcase platform "Ju-Player" for more than one years due to there are not many users want to have it due to TOS of Matterport.

But I believe if the potential requirement increasing, our management team may re-start the development of "Ju-Player". BTW there will be some other team can make their platform also.

But now if Matterport is forcing you to delelte your models that more than the 300 limit.
Why not backup the data first before you delete them from Matterport server.

After you backup the data and delete them from Matterport, Matterport's TOS won't effect on them anymore.
If you want to try the full database backup please PM JuMP.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 3 IP   flag post
Miami Beach, FL
AerialLook private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Jump team! We will reach out. There may be some synergies as we have also developed an in house 3D showcase. Very happy to see other teams working on helping MSP’s take their data back!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm BEYOND frustrated with Matterport for this stupid, arbitrary 300 model limit.

So far we've deleted approx 150 older models and still have 150 more to go to avoid the upcoming charges for being over 300.

I don't know why Matterport doesn't look at their pricing strategy from a customer perspective and realize that this nonsense is keeping individuals from buying cameras and scanning more properties, and that they'd likely make way MORE $$ if MSPs didn't have to factor in hosting limits to decide whether or not to scan a space with Matterport vs another solution.

I'm also upset that when I delete an older space I lose all the associated stats that go with it (# of impressions/unique users, etc.).
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@AerialLook You might want to look at setting up multiple Matterport accounts you would have multiple 300 limit accounts but also benefit from the free processing on each. And now it is very easy to transfer spaces between accounts!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AerialLook
@JuMP
@Queen_City_3D
@frstbubble

The following was published in the Matterport newsletter today (27 June 2018).

Dan

Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Example Account is going to need to pony up some more $$

Folks, here are a few suggestions:

#1) Take a look at your space view stats. If a space receives few views, consider deleting it.

#2) Take a look at your inventory. If some uninteresting spaces were captured on the old firmware prior to Nov 2016 (I believe), then the processing was kinda wacky back then and the HDR and white balances were crazy. If the space also doesn't get many views, consider deleting it.

#3) Don't tell - but if you do the math, having multiple accounts can save you money if you take into consideration the # of free models that you get to process. 2 Accounts = 22 Models Processed & 600 Scans to host.

I hate that a work around exists as it shows that there's a little bit of a logic flaw in the pricing. I believe that the limits that exist were set many years ago and do not reflect the current needs of the MSP community. My solution is to increase the limits, but to also increase the pricing of all plans too. That way, I think that overall, more revenue could be made by Matterport and the 'cost' of hosting us all (and keeping the company on track) would be spread out a bit between the userbase.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @Metroplex360.

"The limits... do not reflect the current needs of the MSP community"...

In the Newsletter it invites you to upgrade to another plan.

Newsflash, Matterport... you don't have any plans to suit many of our needs!

A few weeks ago we were close to 600 models and deleted 200+ and now I'm back to 440 hosted models.

I do think I'll switch to 2 business plans and that will tide me over for a bit.

I still think it's stupid that there's any limits at all. I feel as long as you pay for a hosting plan the model should be hosted. After all, you paid to have it processed.

ARGH!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?