Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBuyCamerasVirtual Reality

Matterport 3rd Party - White Label7065

Panix84 private msg quote post Address this user
I ran into one of your videos with Matterport and I was wondering.

Would you be kind enough to clarify me some questions I have? I see that you are able to use the mess to a 3rd party program and modify it, add other 3d objects etc.

I was really interested in suggesting this for a couple of my clients but as it seems on the Matterport website there is no option for white labeling.

Their logo is present everywhere and this is kind of a deal breaker. In your video however you have somehow downloaded their mess from the cloud and you are able to alter it with a 3rd party program.

How is this possible? Do you have some sort of developer account on Matterport where it gives you the ability to not use their logo for the model?

I would be really grateful if you could answer me to this questions. Thanks a lot in advance.

The video I found was the one in the link below.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Walkabout private msg quote post Address this user
@Panix84 I think this explains it all

https://www.we-get-around.com/wegetaround-atlanta-our-blog/2015/9/3/we-get-around-floorme-extreme-matterport-meets-sketchup-file-for-easy-fast-and-affordable-3d-modeling

you will need to buy the .obj file in the Matterpack then you can utilise this
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Walkabout

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum and for your question.

Matterport does not offer a white-label solution. As you pointed out, their logo is prominent. We - the WGAN Forum Community - have asked for a white-label solution since our founding in August 2014: nearly four years.

When Matterport launched, it was the only solution of its kind. Today, there are many alternatives. The irony is that Pro photographers will be less inclined to buy into the Matterport ecosystem at the same time that Matterport needs Pros whom will do the best job implementing all the Matterport bells and whistles.

As @Walkabout pointed out, you can order the Matterport MatterPak to download the Matterport Object File (.obj) and related to import into CAD. There is no way to import back into Matterport.

Does working in the data view of Matterport solve your challenge with the Materport branding?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Panix84 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I believe it does solve the challenge Dan. Thank you very much for helping me out on this matter. I had't come up with the MatterPack concept so far in my research up until you mentioned it on this thread.
So thank you once again for helping me out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?