Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FossMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking at investing in a system. What is the contingency if Matterport servers go down. I'm not talking of the random it's down for an hour or even a day. I know they've recently received a large amount of funding but if they close their doors for whatever reason, the camera becomes worthless. I really wish they would sell the server software as an option. Thanks in advance for your input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
There's no guarantees in life.

That said, I don't see Matterport going anywhere in the forseeable future so you should have plenty of time to invest in the camera and more than pay it off.

My guess is that before the company goes under rendering the cameras worthless it is far more likely that they would introduce a newer, better model at some point in the future which would make current cameras obsolete. It's like an iphone... you buy the latest model and 3 - 5 years later its a dinosaur compared to the new ones.

I would look at it as a business investment. Try to figure out how soon you can pay for its cost while earning a profit and anything afterwards should be bonus.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
It's an investment not without risks, like any investment. I've about half recouped my investment in 3 weeks, the ongoing fees (hosting) will be covered by reimbursements. if you have a market, go for it. if you don't, continue thinking.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FossMedia private msg quote post Address this user
My question spawns from a deeper question that I've asked MP. I have clients that I could use this for archival. For this line of business I wouldn't want to have them host it. Currently I create videos during inspection of new builds that document every inch of the property. This way in 10 years they can look at the video when remodeling or in case of a broken pipe they know exactly where pipes/electrical lines exactly are. MP could be perfect for this however hosting a property indefinitely isn't ideal. Now if you're wondering about longevity of the file I give the client. I use Mdisc which supposedly has a 1000 year life.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?