Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
RDTosolini Productions

[R&D] 360 video Matterport experience7001

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
In this compositing experiment, we are exploring how two different immersive technologies can work together, one nested into each other. Scroll this 360 video around to watch a 3D virtual tour of the Eastside Fire and Rescue Station 83 in Sammamish, WA. Special thanks to UX designer Alex Roff and volunteer firefighter David Geller.

Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
the possibilities!

I don't like 360 video however because it's a linear presentation of a non-linear object. you can miss things, though I know you're merely presenting this gizmo in video.

thanks for sharing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Wow... I Love it... I just got my 360 video camera nad playing with it now but your production is Steller...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I agree that with 360 video you can miss some of the action. Maybe there is no reason to embed a MP tour inside a 360 experience. That said, it quadruples your canvas and it's eye catching. So for some scenarios, it might work. For others, it may be useless. R&D is the only way to figure things out :-)

@DouglasMeyers Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't mean to diss your work (which is brilliant) and presentation, just noting my frustration with 360 video in general. I thought the video was of a 3D experience which had video in it.

If I get lost in the MP space (which happens), I miss the bus. So to speak.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101424 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?