Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansiGuideMeasurements

iGuide alternatives?6991

FrostyOfTheNorth private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I live in a jurisdiction where regulations obligate realtors to provide up-to-date measurements for new real estate listings, meaning that providing highly accurate measurements and floor plans is an important feature to offer to local realtor clients.

In conjunction with a local iGuide operator, I have a great deal of experience with using the iGuide system, which I think is a brilliant, efficient and accurate system with excellent turn around and support. However, because of incongruent long term goals, I've split ways with the operator and have begun working independently.

Disappointingly, when I reached out to Planitar about purchasing an iGuide system I was told in no uncertain terms that territory is exclusive. (I was surprised to see a message thread in this forum in which a Planitar/iGuide representative stated the contrary, although two people replied saying they were told their territory was not available either.)

I know there are several floor plan systems referred to in these forums. Which ones would you say offer very precise (enough to quality for O&E insurance) measurements and floor plans?

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@FrostyOftheNorth - What if you form a partnership with the iGuide Operator in your local area?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
@FrostyOftheNorth - What if you form a partnership with the iGuide Operator in your local area?

That was the original idea, but it became clear that the operator wasn't sincere about the discussion about partnership (to the detriment of both of us), so I need to find an alternative.

Do you have any experience with measurement/floor plan systems?

Thanks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cupix Director
of Sales
San Francisco
scott_cupix private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of accuracy and turnaround time do you require? If you can get your hands on a disto or laser meter and have a way to get panos (aka 360s photos aka spherical images) you can get a calibrated floor plan sketch from Cupix. @dansmigrod has experience doing this with next day turnaround.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Next day turnaround is ideal. As for accuracy, I recall seeing that iGuide's offers an "advertised accuracy of 1 percent". It seems to me that should read "99% accuracy". That would be the goal, I think.

I haven't looked at Cupix yet. Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully @dansmigrod can jump in here and comment on his experience.
Post 5 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Kevin_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning @FrostyoftheNorth
I am not familiar with the particulars of your situation and would be happy to look into it if you would private message me.
To clarify our position, we do not offer exclusivity but are deeply invested in the success of our network of iGUIDE Pro's through technical, service, sales & marketing support. iGUIDE Pro's have made an investment in iGUIDE and we do our best to return this investment through our investment in them. Our investment includes giving iGUIDE Pro's the opportunity to grow and develop their local market. If adding an additional Pro to the market will benefit everyone, we will do it.

I sincerely appreciate your favorable review of our technology, team, and support and hope that you will reach out so we can keep iGUIDE champions such as yourself, within our network.

Warmest regards,
Kevin
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi Kevin, I'll PM you shortly. Thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I to can verify that I tried to purchase a Iguide system from Planitar, after a successful relationship with a operator, I just wanted to operate our own system. Kevin treated me with respect and was 100% in support of the local Iguide Operator in my territory. While i was disappointed that i could not pick up my own system, I totally respected the position Planitar took.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedman
I to can verify that I tried to purchase a Iguide system from Planitar, after a successful relationship with a operator, I just wanted to operate our own system. Kevin treated me with respect and was 100% in support of the local Iguide Operator in my territory. While i was disappointed that i could not pick up my own system, I totally respected the position Planitar took.

Then it sounds like it's at least a semi-exclusive proposition. I've messaged Kevin and will see what he says.

What direction did you go in? Are you offering your clients an alternative system?
Post 9 IP   flag post
When a System from Planitar was not available to me, I began to research and discovered Matterport,it will be 2 years in Aug since I bought our system, and quite honestly while I am 100% sold on the quality of the system, it has been met with a lukewarm reception here in this part of Ontario.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedman
When a System from Planitar was not available to me, I began to research and discovered Matterport,it will be 2 years in Aug since I bought our system, and quite honestly while I am 100% sold on the quality of the system, it has been met with a lukewarm reception here in this part of Ontario.

Have you figured out why the market has been lukewarm in response? Is it related to the price of the service or something else?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hi @Kevin_iGuide,

I sent you a private message a few days ago. If it's better to email you instead, please let me know.
Thanks.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just to close the loop on this, I had a good conversation with Kevin from Planitar. The short of it is that I'm teaming up with another operator to continue offering iGuides in my local market. My view of the Planitar team and the iGuide system remains very positive so I'm pleased with the outcome.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not surprised...Good Group there at Planitar!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
101432 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?