Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Tour CreatorGSV18

Google Tour Creator: Annotated GSV Tours6970

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: "[Google] Tour creator lets you create your own VR tour." | Video Courtesy of Google YouTube Channel

Hi All,

I could imagine that at the 2018 Google Street View Summit, this will be one of the hot topics.

Wow! Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

Mashable (9 May 2018) Google's new Tour Creator tool tries to make VR more accessible

"To start, all you need is a few 360-degree photos, which you can upload from an existing camera or pull directly from Google's Street View catalog. From there, you can compose your "tour," while overlaying still images and text descriptions identifying specific points of interest," reports Mashable.

"Google says they've also seen a lot of interest from the real estate industry, which, not surprisingly, likes the idea of adding easily embeddable 360-degree photos to listings."

"Speaking of embeddable, the fact that everything built with Tour Creator is embeddable and shareable across the web is significant. Allowing the tours to be accessed and viewed outside the confines of a headset or Cardboard viewer, creates much more incentive for people to create the content in the first place."

[See the Mashable article for more info]

Source: Mashable
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Annotated Google Street View Tours!

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll have to see if the embargo is now lifted.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Ha!

It's now on the Google YouTube Channel and, most importantly, in the We Get Around Network Forum ...

Would to hear your thoughts on this news ...

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a quick test and my initial impression is that this is no threat to MP. If nothing else, it might take away some business (if any) from other 360 tour creation tools. Schools will love it, as it's simple and limited in scope. Kudos to Google for their efforts in democratizing virtual tour authoring. I hope they keep adding features as it's pretty bare-bones now.
https://vr.google.com/tourcreator/

P.S. During my quick experiment, my Chrome on Win10 failed repeatedly with WebGL.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?