51162 8 8
|WGAN Forum Founder||DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
We are in the midst of helping a client source thousands of Matterport Spaces + DSLR 2D Images - around the globe.
Some Matterport Pros have said that they only shoot Matterport. That's a problem in the short and long term.
In the short term, they are missing out on a Client that is buying 20-25 or more Matterport Spaces + DSLR 2D images per Market.
In the long term, more and more Clients will only do business with a Pro that offers one order: all services.
Here are four ways to solve this problem:
1. Partner with an aerial/DSLR Pro. There are plenty that do not do Matterport. Ask real estate agent clients - that don't use you for DSLR photography to refer you. Your agent would be happy to do so and the photographer is likely thrilled to be able to partner with a Matterport Pro that doesn't do aerial and DSLR photography.
2. Dive into the deep end and start shooting DSLR photography. Here's a great eBook to get you started:
✓ Getting Started in Real Estate Photography WGAN Standard and Premium Members get this book - free - via rebate
3. While you can lower the Matterport Camera and place it in a corner to shoot - see tutorials by @JonJ @Metroplex360 and @HarlanHambright elsewhere in the WGAN Forum, shooting a hotel room real requires a wide angle lens and some learning
4. Engage a DSLR Pro to shoot projects in the short terms and watch what/how they shoot
I could imagine some of you have already had this challenge and solved it.
How did you solve it and why?
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|Home3D private msg quote post Address this user|
|I offer every service from HDR photography to professional video to Matterport, Zillow videos, aerials, 360's, panos, what have you. But I caution that learning MP, is far easier than HDR photos or video - if you want to deliver quality. So Dan's right to suggest pairing up with quality people who are established in your area. It's not just clicking some nice shots, it's learning (in depth) the capabilities of Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other applications. Matterport is self-contained. These other skills involve multiple platforms.
I got to this point from over 30 years of professional work in these mediums, coming to MP last. The reverse route is harder, so find a good partner.
|Post 2 IP flag post|
|JonJ private msg quote post Address this user|
I have told my story here before, but I thought it may be worth repeating for those that have not heard it.
I started my MSP business at the tail end of 2014. I did not offer any other services and had never operated a traditional DSLR before. When I first saw the technology, I believed that this technology would revolutionize the real estate industry and I would build a thriving business around this technology...I couldn't be any more wrong. I started my business part time with a couple of partners and in the first year, I had trouble giving the technology away! After the first year, I was able to get a few jobs averaging about 4 a month. After operating my business for about a year and a half, I came to the realization that I needed to add traditional photography to my business. After all, ALL real estate agents need quality photos to market their listings and Matterport was not even a nice to have at that point in time (most agents haven't even heard of it).
After watching some YouTube videos and tons of trial and error, I was able to start offering traditional photography services! Yay! It took me a good 6 months before I could confidently market my photography services and last year, traditional photography accounted for 80% of my revenue. About 15% is Matterport and I added video last year which accounts for the other 5%.
Now I have a small operation with 3 full time, 1 part time and 1 photographer in training. I also have 1 admin. Right now, I offer video, aerial, Matterport, floor plans and traditional photo services By the end of the year, I hope to have 6 full time photographers, 2 admin and additional marketing services that will allow agents to see my company as an integral part of their team and not just their photographer or MSP.
Whenever anyone asks me I tell them that it is imperative to be able to offer traditional photography services. I tell them this for 4 reasons.
1) 100% of agents need photos and it is much easier to market this than 5-7% of agents that use Matterport.
2) You can make more money by selling both services as opposed to including Matterport Snapshots during an appointment.
3) If you only offer Matterport, you are in a race to the bottom. There is not a lot that an operator is able to do to differentiate their service from other MSPs.
4) When Matterport becomes more popular, you will have established relationships with agents and will be their go to provider when that time comes.
If anyone has any questions, just let me know!
Hope this helps,
|Post 3 IP flag post|
|Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user|
|And if you want to offer photos and keep moving fast, you can ask @JonJ how you can outsource your processing and stay sane|
|Post 4 IP flag post|
|jfrankcole private msg quote post Address this user|
|@JonJ how can you outsource your processing and stay sane?|
|Post 5 IP flag post|
|Nerdvice451 private msg quote post Address this user|
|We offer a variety of photographic products and we do our own editing (Simone is a professional editor). Matterport only is not a viable option for our market.|
|Post 6 IP flag post|
|JonJ private msg quote post Address this user|
I outsource all of my images to PhotoSparc.com. They do a great job and are super awesome! They also offer a discount to WGAN members.
|Post 7 IP flag post|