Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

My First Single-Page Website6784

sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

There have been a lot of threads devoted to single-page websites, so thought I'd give it a shot. My goal was to do something simple while at the same time delivering the key information to the viewer. I use Squarespace, so I can't do some of the fancy things other do, but that's OK. Keep is short and simple, right?

I'm doing this as a free proof-of-concept project for a neighbor who is selling on their own. It appears that FSBO doesn't allow a link to Matterport scans, so my thought was to put the website's link on the flyers attached to the for sale sign. When I make the page live, I'll use a vanity URL instead of the link I'm using below.

Here's the link:

https://scott-lankford.squarespace.com/124-lloyd-st-1?p

I'm looking for some honest feedback on the look, content, etc.

Please don't use the "Contact" page as it is programmed to go to the homeowner.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Scott
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I think you have done a great job. How experienced are you at this? Beginner 1st time or pro? The reason I am asking is because I need something similar for my Matterport business.

Did the still pictures come from Matterport or a pro photographer?

My only suggestions is that the pic of the house at the top of the web page looks very dark. Can you liven it up? Would the street address look better in the grassy area instead of right on top of the house?

Thanks,
Gordon
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions, first, I'm a beginner. Never did any web creation until I started my Matterport business. While Squarespace is easier than WordPress, it is still a bit finicky when trying to do things like side panels, and making text appear next to pictures, etc.

The 2D photos were taken from the Matterport scan. One thing I want to try is to lower the camera to counter height and do 360's for the still shots. Don't know if I'll have that opportunity with this house, but perhaps on the next shoot.

As for the header pic of the house, I deliberately darkened it so the title text would stand out. I can try and brighten it up a bit, but don't want the picture and the text to compete with each other. Also, I don't know if I can change the location (up or down that is) of the title.

Moving forward, once I have the content the way I want it, Squarespace lets you make a copy of a page. Then if I have a different client who wants a single-page website, all that would need to be done is to change the content. That's easier than re-creating the page from scratch. Than just get a vanity URL and point it at the page location and it looks very seamless.

Hope that helps.
Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
Boston
KoaWare private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @sbl110!

We've designed our Property Website platform so you can test for free. Click upload photos to get started, it only takes a few minutes to build a single page property website with photos, videos, and Matterport content.https://koaware.com/property-websites
Post 4 IP   flag post
MarkCantu private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for posting this post. I was going to sit down today and work through WordPress.org, now that I see that I can use something much more simpler, I will go down this avenue. When my business begins to blossom, I might go back to WordPress and WP3D plugin.

The webpage you created looks great. I agree Ghagendorf, the photo of the home at the top of the page appears to dark. In real estate you want everything bright, airy, and clean as possible. I see that you have a photo of the home in the reel that is lighter. If you are going to have a dark photo, then I would suggest a twilight shot. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi Mark and Gordon,

You will be happy to know that I've changed the picture on the web page. It's not as bad as I would have thought. I didn't want the white text to be washed out by the picture. Mark I think a twilight shot would be great, I'll have to brush off my copy of Photoshop and see what I can do.

Thanks for your input.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?