Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HostingMarketingResort

The dreaded long-term hosting question6781

Scrantastic private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! I'm a new Matterport photographer and I landed a big meeting with a resort to shoot 11+ rooms and possible more.

I've been looking for a few days for a sample hosting contract with no luck. I lost a client a few weeks ago because of this and am afraid that it may happen again.

Can anyone point me to a contract that outlines a hosting solution for clients?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Scrantastic

Congrats on your big meeting ...

We Get Around Network Forum Sample Forms Library may be helpful.

You may also find helpful, this video from the We Get Around Network Training Academy library:

How to Price Matterport to Google Street View Publishing

(I discuss monthly recurring revenue as well as a smaller upfront fee for the actual shoot.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. BTW, I would call monthly or yearly hosting -> Hosting, Support and Maintenance
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
You have to create your own contract, I recommend talking to a lawyer to go over the ever changing Matterport terms and conditions, and making your own from that to ensure you’re protected.

Personally, I find it difficult to do hosting longer than one year. Another suggestion would be to say that an option would be for you to help them to get their own MP account to host them as long as they want, but you’ll have to charge more because at that point you’re giving all rights away from what you’ve created.

My 2 cents
Post 3 IP   flag post
Scrantastic private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan and Carlos! Unfortunately I don't see a sample hosting contract in the forms or training library.

I assumed that this problem was common and someone would have a link to the hosting contract that they use for their long-term clients.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
It's best if you talk with a lawyer so they can develop a proper contract for your business needs including CYA. Using someone else's contract may leave you open for issues later down the road if the contract isn't valid in your location for some reason.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Walkabout private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Scrantastic

Congrats on your big meeting ...

We Get Around Network Forum Sample Forms Library may be helpful.

You may also find helpful, this video from the We Get Around Network Training Academy library:

How to Price Matterport to Google Street View Publishing

(I discuss monthly recurring revenue as well as a smaller upfront fee for the actual shoot.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. BTW, I would call monthly or yearly hosting -> Hosting, Support and Maintenance

Thanks for this Dan but as a new owner and needing forms I can't see why we have to submit a form to get a sample? seems to be going against helping new members getting started thanks Andy
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Walkabout
Thanks for this Dan but as a new owner and needing forms I can't see why we have to submit a form to get a sample? seems to be going against helping new members getting started thanks Andy

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Congrats on your new Matterport Camera.

How should the free WGAN Forum Samples Forms Library work?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
chermle private msg quote post Address this user
I know you're looking for a contract. I can't help you there, but I do think it's advisable to specify time constraints. I was bidding on a job recently, and one of the terms the potential client wanted was "indefinite" hosting. I discussed a few options with him, all of which he declined. If he was the only client you got in a year, and I'm not saying that's your situation. client just cost you $600.00. Depending upon how the scan is going to use, you might want to consider recording the Model using a screen capture program. You obviously loose the interactive option of the presentation, but there are situations in which a "replay option" would be appealing to a client. You can host the screen capture anywhere, so there's no commitment to Matterport or anyone else. Matterport mentioned one on their site. There's a "free" version and a "full option" capture version for $29.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?