Matterport 3D Tour Pros  |  Google Street View Pros  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
View Map Full Screen
Last 30 Days: 82,525 Page Views | 11,592 Visitors | 79 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 49,553  |  Total Topics: 7,049
4,090 WGAN Members in 113 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Channel
How to Make Money Shooting GSV with
Discover Africa Group Director Andre Van Kets
ImagesPhotomergePhotoshopTipWide Angle

Compositing for Interiors6771

Basic
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
HI all. Sometimes when extracting stills from a tour I want more vertical coverage than Workshop provides, so I thought I'd share a little trick I do with MP to avoid fetching my PC lens out of the car. I've done this a million times, so it just takes a minute. This is from a big job yesterday which took 16 hours to process. Might be cause the site was down last night?

First, capture the "normal" view. This was captures at -80 which is usually too wide, but we'll deal with that in a minute.
iew

Second. carefully rotate the viewer upward. Don't rotate horizontally if you can help it.

Third. In Photoshop, I correct the vertical perspective of the UP shot using the PTTools plugin I've been using since the early 1990s. Any true perspective correction program will do. Usually have to scale down a little to match the content of the level, base shot.

Four, crop the useless junk out and save.

Five. Merge the 2 images. I'm using Photoshop's Automate>Photomerge>Add Open Files>Auto which works about 95% of the time.

Finally crop and tweak the final image, size to taste and move on.

This is very close to what I would get with the Nikon 19mm PC lens I got last year which cost the about same as the MP camera.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum Founder DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

Sweet! it! Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Nice work and thanks for not only sharing but showing us how to do it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
50128 3 3
destitute