Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosCarCarmax

RV and Automobile Matterport scans....6735

mjstef private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed on Carmax that they have interior scans of all vehicles. Is anyone doing this with Matterport and if so what is the average fee? Also being it is one scan is their a reduced processing fee from MP? I assume something besides MP is likely being used for these. Also see some of the higher end motorhomes and camp trailers being scanned. Anyone doing these? Just for general info, I live in a very low populated area so I have to be diversified and cannot JUST depend on one income stream. I have to be spread across many fields.....
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
The Matterport camera sucks at doing a car, the camera is to bigger and just blancing the tripod in there.
RV's and bus and what not but NOT car...
Good luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I don't necessaeraly agree that Matterport sucks for autos. It may not be the best choice but I have seen some great examples of auto interiors done with Matterport on this forum.

This is a link someone posted on this forum of an auto interior.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one more:
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
I believe that this is how all the Carmax interiors are done.
http://www.motorstreet360.com/
Post 5 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with rzphotoman, Matterport isn't ideal for cars, however, if the vehicle is large enough, a two-scan model can be fairly compelling.

Below is a link for a Mercedes S550 I had a chance to shoot. I use it to demonstrate the different types of Mattertag content that can be created. I used a full-size Manfrotto tripod for this shoot. You can see part of the tripod leg sticking out, but I don't think that's much of a distraction. Lighting is another consideration, but that might be corrected by shooting outside.

I think limousines and RV's would benefit from Matterport scans. Many RV dealers in my area already use Matterport. For something smaller like a car, limo, RV, etc., I think the hosting fees are where you will make money. I'm with mjstef, you have to diversify.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
ShakoureChar private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman ...That's impressive - NO nadir? What camera do they use?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Not sure exactly, but they say you can use a "Insta 360 One" or a DSLR with their rotating mount and Sigma 8mm lens. The kit they sell with the lens and rotating mount is expensive, like $2500, not including the camera. Then they have a training and set up fee of around $350 plus a monthly subscription fee of around $60 for cloud processing.

I'll try with my Matterport first on an upcoming job.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
OK, so I took my Matterport for a spin in my car, as a test, and this is what I got.

2 Scans with natural lighting on a overcast day.

Not great, but it works. With correct lighting of the interior I think it could look great.

Post 9 IP   flag post
3dvirtualview private msg quote post Address this user
I have scored a gig (giving it to them free which I will get good SEO kickback) with Ferrari Dealership. It will be my second scan at this moment and hope to get a walk through of one car. As a back up I have a Theta V and will showcase video and photos for GSV and Youtube. After this gig I aim to hit up the porche, Lambo, Maserati, and Lotus dealerships for cash.

I appreciate the content in this thread!

Thank you!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Post 11 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Nice
Post 12 IP   flag post
KevinBasset private msg quote post Address this user
For car interiors, I'd probably use a slightly more portable 360° solution instead. Here are a couple of tours of car dealerships and interiors made with iStaging for example:

Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?