Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dollhouse ViewProcessedTips

Re-processed model gets different floor plan6731

sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently did a large home which technically had 4 levels. The 4th level was an observatory with a deck. When I initially processed the model, it came back with the 3rd and 4th level combined in the photo realistic floor plan view. Unrelated to this problem, I had to go back and add a scan to a bathroom, so I copied the model, added the scan and re-submitted the model. This time, the levels were all separate in the floor plan view.

I contacted tech support about this and I was told that the algorithms that process the scans will sometimes produce different results. What? So if your model doesn't look right the first time, copy it and re-submit? Shouldn't the results be consistent? I admit, if I fiddled with the scans for the 4th level, then sure, it could make things better or worse, but not by adding a scan in a bathroom on the 2nd level.

Incidentally, the doll house view looked fine in both versions, it was the photo realistic floor plan view that was a bit wonky. Unfortunately I deleted the original model, so I can't produce a picture as proof.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Scott
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Scott

Sadly yes this is something that happens from time to time and the best way to fix it is to re upload, re upload, re upload - this happened to me a few weeks ago and that's all MP did as well!

Thanks

Marcia
Post 2 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Marcia,

In my case, I was also trying to scan a very large two-level deck. That didn't go so well. I used 360 shots and added them in to the auto tour instead. Still, because I copied the model and re-submitted, it had to start from scratch. It took around 14 hours to process. Good thing the bulk of that was overnight.

It's sad that after four years of operations, feedback and development you would think that they would at least have the processing part figured out to be more consistent.

Thanks for your input.

Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?