Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.obj.XYZ3rd Party Service ProviderVirtual Reality

Collaborate in Innovation6670

Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
I work in the Energy sector, im not a innovator or to be honest a tech geek.
At the same time when i see an opportunity i try to embrace the concept and ideas rattle (literally) through my head. I use Matterport, its a great piece of kit im trying to generate interest with limited success but in a rural area i knew change is sometimes hard for some businesses to grasp, but im beginning to break through i reckon.
So when i was asked to place in a innovation challenge application at work i thought why not give it a go?
So the place i work has a yearly 3 billion budget running cost, Tax payers burden that needs reduced!! They say Ive followed and read posts on here which to be honest baffles me and im in awe of some things you guys can do, so can you help??

Q1: can you scan a space and receive and use OBJ files, xyz files on unity for instance without making the space public? Or delete it afterwards?

Q2: Any one familiar placing scans behind firewalls ie for security purposes?

Q I know how radiological environments effect lenses and camera iris over a period of time, any opinions on how this would affect collecting laser mesh data?

The benefits:

Training Induction for new apprentices, training and development: asset management: facilities management: manufacturing, engineering and construction sectors using vr modelling. VR Conferences, VR business communication to name a few.

Application date closes 2 April [2018].
Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
About Q1: You can just order the so called MatterPack without making the space public at all. This contains both the OBJ and XYZ files. You can scroll down to the bottom of the page of the scan that you made and download it there without setting it to public.

About Q2: The Matterport camera is not a laser scanner, it uses infrared instead. It creates a black image with white dots. Judging by the size of the white dots, the camera can estimate how far away a "scanned" dot is in relation to the camera's position. That being said, I have no idea if and how that would be affected overtime from radiological environments like you mentioned.

I have no idea what the innovation challenge you enrolled is all about, but since you mentioned engineering and construction sectors and VR modelling, feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about those topics. I work in the AEC field, do a lot or architectural visualization, and develop Virtual Reality experiences in that field for the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and GearVR. I got some development video's hosted over here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Briski2208 JuMP team want to try.

Answer for Q1: As @DannyBasting said, you can order MatterPack.
Or you can use JuMP-UV v1.0 which we will release soon to show your private showcase to your users.
Set your showcase to private from the 1st day so that you have full control of them.
Plesase refer below two posts:
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6563/page/1/how-to-make-private-showcase-popular-by-all/
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6622/page/1/has-anyone-monotized-a-tour/#6

Answer for Q2: Our JuMP-UV v1.0 has two level access control for your showcase. So I think it can meet your requirment for security purposes.
BTW we can build 3rd party showcase platform for you so that you can host your showcase in your server that behind the firewalls.
Below is the proof of concept of our showcase platform.
http://www.iit3d.com/JuPlayer/index.html?id=poc0001 (Please use Chrome broswer)

Sorry, no answer for your Q3 now.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 3 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
The chaps earlier have answered the the crux of your enquiries yes.

As context, I recently completed some large scale scans for a cement factory seeking to step up their automation by introducing robotics.

We created before and after scans and then introduced virtual staging displaying the new factory layout.

It was captured with Matterport and integrated with the Matterpak and AEC packages. A fantastic project and part of their digital transformation programme.

Whilst we won’t be applying for the role, if you do choose to work with a partner then please do connect. UK based near Peterborough, Cambs.

Many thanks

Angus
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?